Mentor Graphics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Marlborough, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was already an employee that was there through acquisition. We didn't have to interview really for our jobs. The "away team" was sent from the division to check us all out though but they didn't listen to anything we had to say about how we did business. We spent the next nine months waiting for them to figure it out while they completely destroyed everything we had done for the past 10 years and then came back and told us we were right but made it sound like it was their idea.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Rotational Emulation Engineer Interview

Rotational Emulation Engineer
Fremont, CA

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in October 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the recruiter who set up a phone interview. Almost all questions were based on the projects on resume. Got a positive feedback from the recruiter within a few days, but took a long time to schedule an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of 8 rounds with 8 different employees. All of them except for 1 asked interesting and very related questions.
C / C ++ --- Tested OOPS concepts with a sample code.
Verilog / VHDL -- Basic design questions.
Circuit Design questions.
Project related questions.
Logical puzzles ---- Extremely Vague !!!
No response for almost a month following the interview. Had to repeatedly mail the recruiter to get a response. Turned out to be a reject .. But was a good learning exp. Helped me crack the on-site interview for my dream job elsewhere.

Interview Question – C ++ code to test OOPS concepts.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

ATME Interview

ATME
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in June 2010.

Interview Details – Call from HR to discuss the position and the background. (I dont know why they read out stuff that we already have gone through at the time applying). HR says next round coming up. No reply for 2 weeks. HR calls and says be ready for a technical phone interview. Some engineer calls and goes through my resume for the 1st time while on the call ! Says you may not be a match for our department and asks whether why my resume was directed to their unit. Still goes ahead with the interview and says skills and resume are very impressive. Havent heard back since 3 months. They cant even flush out a reject mail !!

Interview Question – OOP   Answer Question

Director, Product Marketing Interview

Director, Product Marketing
San Jose, CA

The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in January 2010.

Interview Details – Cordial initial contact. Clear job description.
Phone screen, then meet-for-coffee screen, then small-team lunch screens.
Then, grueling multi-day, 6 people/day, 1on1 interviews.

Interrogation on Technical knowledge.
No interest in operational excellence, or matching passion to areas of contribution.
No feedback on presented 100-day plan.

Rather long drawn-out process, with no clear time-frame for a decision.
Stopped process to pursue other opportunities.

Interview Question – Some interviewers clearly wanted a only a high-level strategic-thinking person, who could then build mind-share with different groups to get dotted-line resource assignment so that all tactical and logistic execution can be accomplished.

Other interviewers wanted a hands-on tactical person to execute direction from a Sr strategic decision maker, without additional resources.
  View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Wilsonville, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in October 2008.

Interview Details – From technology question to behaviors question. Long time interviews. Finally get the offer.

Interview Questions

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Technical Marketing Engineer
San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in April 2008.

Interview Details – Since I was already working in Mentor with a different product group. It was an easy migration withing the company. The interview lasted only for about half a day where I was interviewed by my future manager and couple of team members. The questions were mainly to see how my previous experience and education background could fit the new position with a different product.

Interview Question – Explain your work done with a particular set of tools in your current position.   View Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Wilsonville, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in October 2009.

Interview Details – There is not much to say. The interviewer were all professionals. The one thing that caught me by surprise was the online IQ and personalty tests. Make sure your are rested and that you will not get interrupted when you take the test because you are on a clock. In hindsight, I think I might have been to honest with the personality test. It was the first time I was taking one. Next time I will lie a little.

Interview Question – What do you do in case of a conflict ?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Associate Technical Marketing Engineer
Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in August 2009.

Interview Details – Initial call through College Fair held 120 days prior. 2 phone rounds apart from initial HR round; one was with Manager and other with Engineer. Questions: C/C++ concepts, RTL Verification, Resume-based. On-site had 7 45-minute rounds with questions on Verilog, Timing, VLSI, C++.

Interview Question – Why use Assertion-based verification for slow peripherals? What is the disadvantage of functional verification for these devices?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Associate Technical Marketing Engineer
Portland, OR

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in November 2009.

Interview Details – I had about 3 telephone interviews, HR took a lot of time to reply to emails. I had to repeatedly send emails asking for an update. I was called for an onsite interview at Portland OR. Onsite interview was with 8 people one to one. They said I have a good chance. After the onsite interview they took about 2 weeks to respond to an email. They contacted other candidates but not myself. Only after the other candidate accepted the offer they told me that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Showed a Verilog code and asked to figure out the problem in the code. It had an infinite loop in it.   Answer Question
  • Few C++ codes using classes they ask me to go though it and explain what happens. one type casting question.   Answer Question

Application Engineer Interview

Application Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in December 2009.

Interview Details – After one phone interview they flew me out to Oregon. I met with around 6 different people. The other two candidates for the job were there on the same day, which was somewhat awkward. The Job didn't seem very interesting and the weather in Portland was terrible, so I wasn't too upset about not getting the offer.

Interview Question – VHDL and OOP C++ code was presented for me to interpret.   Answer Question