Mentor Graphics Interview Questions in Portland, OR

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in July 2014.

I was called for an interview for marketing business analyst though. Firstly, they changed the job description and the coordinator sent me a JD which I hadn't even applied for! I reached back to them on this and it was corrected. The interview was very short- They were looking for an IT based skill set which was not described in the JD and was a clear mismatch. Overall a very very unplanned, unorganized disappointing process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

I was contacted about the opportunity after they selected my resume from a uni career fair. We communicated via email about the position before a phone interview. A week after the phone interview, I was invited on-site for multiple interviews and to give a technical presentation. A very positive experience and it paid off as it has paved the way for further engineering roles within the company.

Interview Questions
    • It was one technical question in a topic that I was not that skilled in. It didn't hinder me as I got the other ones correct.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in March 2013.

Phone screen followed by in-person interview. Phone screen is about 30-45 minutes mostly questions out of your resume. In-person is a presentation followed by 2-3 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on DC drop, split planes, crosstalk. How do you solve crosstalk issues in split planes? What are split planes? What is crosstalk?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Phone Screen....Talked about job and possible advancements. Explained to me that he got my resume from my university careers department....

Interview Questions

Don't offer Engineering student a telemarketing job....really what a waste of time!

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in February 2012.

One on one interview with all team members

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in June 2010.

Submitted resume and followed up with recruiting team. Completed pre-screening phone interview, full day of in-person interviews with 6-8 staff in 1:1 setting, completed final 1:1 interview with hiring manager. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Answering specific questions about Excel, without having Excel in front of me.   Answer Question
    I was happy with the initial offer and didn't feel the need to negotiate further.

Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in December 2009.

After one phone interview they flew me out to Oregon. I met with around 6 different people. The other two candidates for the job were there on the same day, which was somewhat awkward. The Job didn't seem very interesting and the weather in Portland was terrible, so I wasn't too upset about not getting the offer.

Interview Questions
    • VHDL and OOP C++ code was presented for me to interpret.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in November 2009.

I had about 3 telephone interviews, HR took a lot of time to reply to emails. I had to repeatedly send emails asking for an update. I was called for an onsite interview at Portland OR. Onsite interview was with 8 people one to one. They said I have a good chance. After the onsite interview they took about 2 weeks to respond to an email. They contacted other candidates but not myself. Only after the other candidate accepted the offer they told me that I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • Showed a Verilog code and asked to figure out the problem in the code. It had an infinite loop in it.   Answer Question
    • Few C++ codes using classes they ask me to go though it and explain what happens. one type casting question.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in October 2009.

There is not much to say. The interviewer were all professionals. The one thing that caught me by surprise was the online IQ and personalty tests. Make sure your are rested and that you will not get interrupted when you take the test because you are on a clock. In hindsight, I think I might have been to honest with the personality test. It was the first time I was taking one. Next time I will lie a little.

Associate Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in August 2009.

Initial call through College Fair held 120 days prior. 2 phone rounds apart from initial HR round; one was with Manager and other with Engineer. Questions: C/C++ concepts, RTL Verification, Resume-based. On-site had 7 45-minute rounds with questions on Verilog, Timing, VLSI, C++.

Interview Questions
    • Why use Assertion-based verification for slow peripherals? What is the disadvantage of functional verification for these devices?   Answer Question

Worked for Mentor Graphics? Contribute to the Community!