Mentor Graphics Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Updated Jun 5, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview: It lasted for about 45 minutes. Included behavioral and technical questions. Onsite interview: About to happen in a few days. The interview was really nice. There were two people who interviewed me over the phone, both of whom were working in the same position for which I was interviewing. They made me feel really comfortable despite this being my first ever interview.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with the supervisor of the department. The interview was mostly a conversation regarding my past experience and what type of opportunity I was looking for. Be prepared to discuss personal interests and hobbies. Overall the interview was more a conversation than a typical question based interview. I received an offer the day after my interview and was given a month to consider accepting it.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience in the field.   1 Answer

Marketing Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview for marketing business analyst though. Firstly, they changed the job description and the coordinator sent me a JD which I hadn't even applied for! I reached back to them on this and it was corrected. The interview was very short- They were looking for an IT based skill set which was not described in the JD and was a clear mismatch. Overall a very very unplanned, unorganized disappointing process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

I was contacted about the opportunity after they selected my resume from a uni career fair. We communicated via email about the position before a phone interview. A week after the phone interview, I was invited on-site for multiple interviews and to give a technical presentation. A very positive experience and it paid off as it has paved the way for further engineering roles within the company.

Interview Questions

• It was one technical question in a topic that I was not that skilled in. It didn't hinder me as I got the other ones correct.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in-person interview. Phone screen is about 30-45 minutes mostly questions out of your resume. In-person is a presentation followed by 2-3 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions on DC drop, split planes, crosstalk. How do you solve crosstalk issues in split planes? What are split planes? What is crosstalk?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

Phone Screen....Talked about job and possible advancements. Explained to me that he got my resume from my university careers department....

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this role?   1 Answer

Don't offer Engineering student a telemarketing job....really what a waste of time!

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

One on one interview with all team members

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR) in June 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume and followed up with recruiting team. Completed pre-screening phone interview, full day of in-person interviews with 6-8 staff in 1:1 setting, completed final 1:1 interview with hiring manager. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Answering specific questions about Excel, without having Excel in front of me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with the initial offer and didn't feel the need to negotiate further.

Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mentor Graphics (Portland, OR) in December 2009.

Interview

After one phone interview they flew me out to Oregon. I met with around 6 different people. The other two candidates for the job were there on the same day, which was somewhat awkward. The Job didn't seem very interesting and the weather in Portland was terrible, so I wasn't too upset about not getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• VHDL and OOP C++ code was presented for me to interpret.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Mentor Graphics (Portland, OR) in November 2009.

Interview

I had about 3 telephone interviews, HR took a lot of time to reply to emails. I had to repeatedly send emails asking for an update. I was called for an onsite interview at Portland OR. Onsite interview was with 8 people one to one. They said I have a good chance. After the onsite interview they took about 2 weeks to respond to an email. They contacted other candidates but not myself. Only after the other candidate accepted the offer they told me that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Showed a Verilog code and asked to figure out the problem in the code. It had an infinite loop in it.   Answer Question
    • Few C++ codes using classes they ask me to go though it and explain what happens. one type casting question.   Answer Question