Mentor Graphics

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wilsonville, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in October 2008.

Interview Details – From technology question to behaviors question. Long time interviews. Finally get the offer.

Interview Questions

Software Development Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in June 2012.

Interview Details – One interview. I applied as a fresh-grad, so the technical part was basically to check if I could code well enough. Personality fit is extremely important, they are more likely to pass over minor skill deficits than to hire a bad fit.

The real test comes after you get in, you have to stand your ground in a 3-6 months of intro period. This is also the probation time, so you can get out really fast if you do not perform, or do not fit.

Interviewed at Mentor Graphics

Interview Details – Mentor mainly asks about the concepts in the technical exam interview, they tell you about the exam.
After passing the technical exam, you will sit with a team leader for discussing some of the concepts you learned and may be you will be asked to write some piece of code.
Then you will sit with the HR team and the team manager for discussing your CV and goals.
Only 3 interview phases. Dont be so nasty in any of them. They are not that easy, and they are so tricky.

Interview Question – Writing the code you discussed on a paper, programming concepts, some HW architecture   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase, you will get the offer by mail.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cairo (Egypt)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in June 2013.

Interview Details – First a technical exam, it is 2 hours exam but can be done in 20 minutes if you know what you are doing :) it is MCQ questions about C++ and OOP concepts.

Interview Question – What are the aspects you are looking forward in any company to work for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was 6500 LE/month for a fresh grad with no experience it is very good so I didn't negotiate.

Cairo (Egypt)

I interviewed at Mentor Graphics in July 2013.

Interview Details – First, they called to arrange an interview. Usually, when they call an interview is set up in the day after.
The interview was two parts:
-Written test which was two parts an IQ test and embedded C test.
-Technical interview
Second, panel interview and HR interview

Interview Question – Why did you apply for this job ?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in August 2008.

Interview Details – Started interview for internship position until they realized that since I was graduating I did not/could not get credit for it. Then interviewed for PMD position. Had one phone interview with manager, then came in for the qualifying testing, once passed the tests, interviewed with 3 advisors, came back to meet with manager and got hired. Overall process took forever, 6-8 weeks from passing qualifying tests to start date.

Interview Question – Why at such at a young age can you succeed in this career?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in January 2008.

Interview Details – One-day event. I met 5 persons. All were friendly and nice.

The interview questions involved algorithms, C++ coding, and brainteasers. Some wee challenging but the difficulty level was still reasonable. My experience is that, as long as the candidate has a strong CS background and good C++ programming skills, the interview process would be very smooth.

Interview Question – Describe the algorithm to find longest path in a directed acyclic graph and analyze its complexity. What if the algorithm needs to be generalized to a general graph.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is possible. But it really depends on how well you perform in the interview. Having an offer already in hands is very helpful. They would counter the offer.

Software Development Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in June 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview for developer position in tools division .The interviewer was very nasty and aggressive.Decided not to pursue further after the interview itself .The questions were very vague and open ended .

Interview Question – O/p unique string each time for an i/p string   Answer Question

Worked for Mentor Graphics? Contribute to the Community!