Mentor Graphics

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in April 2008.

Interview Details – Since I was already working in Mentor with a different product group. It was an easy migration withing the company. The interview lasted only for about half a day where I was interviewed by my future manager and couple of team members. The questions were mainly to see how my previous experience and education background could fit the new position with a different product.

Interview Question – Explain your work done with a particular set of tools in your current position.   View Answer

Technical Marketing Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Mentor through a referral. I had an informal conversation with the hiring manager via phone and then was invited to visit onsite.

It was a very positive interview experience. Interview schedule was a full day. I did interviews with engineering as well as marketing. Most of the interviews were conversational but some were technical for the product area I was going to be working in. I also gave a presentation to the team.

Interview Question – I had to prepare a presentation on the spot and delivering it to the interview team. This was challenging but I thought it was actually a pretty good idea.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pretty straight forward. I was able to negotiate a little on salary but I was getting a good bump up already. Benefits were better than what I had....

Technical Marketing Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in October 2010.

Interview Details – Proficiency in Verilog, synthesis and C++ expected, with basic VLSI knowledge. It was a good experience

Interview Question – Difference between blocking n non-blocking/ latch n flipflop   Answer Question

Worked for Mentor Graphics? Contribute to the Community!