Menzies Aviation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Document Handling Interview

Document Handling
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Menzies Aviation in October 2012.

Interview Details – Met the manager of the warehouse they were in need for the Document handling position, filled up the job application and submitted to the main office through the manater interviewer. Menzies called to set up a drug test and filling up the docs for Customs' clearance to process the airport batch indentification card to be able to work at that location,

Interview Question – Would you report illegal activities as found?   View Answer

Ramp Agent

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Menzies Aviation.

Interview Details – Was seated in a room with someone who must've been only about 20. All the questions were very straight forward, no curve balls here. Not a very satisfying end to the interview, as it seemed he just passed the info to someone higher up who actually would make the hiring decisions.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, unless you count "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Ramp Service Agent Interview

Ramp Service Agent

Interviewed at Menzies Aviation

Interview Details – Submitted a physical application at the HR office and was immediately scheduled for an interview. Lasted about half an hour and consisted of typical background/behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Explain a situation in your past job that dealt with the safety of yourself and/or others.   Answer Question

SeaTac, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Menzies Aviation.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Wednesday afternoon. I got a call Thursday morning to interview. I interviewed on Friday and got hired on the spot. They ask three questions, basically:

Are you a US citizen?
Are you at least 18?
Can you lift 70 pounds?

Yes? You're hired.

They do conduct several thorough background checks and perform a drug test. If you have a criminal history or you're going to test positive don't bother. But for everyone else, you can pretty much plan on starting work (training) within a week.

Interview Question – Honestly, there were no curveballs. They hire 20-30 people every week, so they must do several interviews a day. There were some questions like "What what would you do if your coworker was breaking safety rules?" or "It's the end of your shift. Is it okay to cut corners?"

Really pretty hard to mess up the interview.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You will get minimum wage. You don't get any benefits for 30 days. You will get your schedule in the next week. Most schedules start or end mid-day and require starting before 5 am or ending after 10 pm.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Menzies Aviation in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly easy, considered I was a referral.

South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Menzies Aviation in January 2011.

Interview Details – I got to know the vice president of cargo at the gym and he recommended me to the HR, and I was hired, simple as that.

Interview Question – nothing difficult or unusual   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

Interviewed at Menzies Aviation

Interview Details – They will ask you questions about your availabilty and willingness to work long hours. They will ask you about any experience concering forklifts, build up, breakdown and ramp.

Interview Question – Do you understand that this is a 24/7 job? You do realize that you will work holidays and/or overnight?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Menzies Aviation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Menzies Aviation interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Menzies Aviation employees and interview candidates.