Meraki Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very complete and easy going interview process. Very thorough quetions both technical and business oriented. I was interviewed both by phone and in person. The recruiting team is excellent and their advice for the interview process was very helpful. Well organized, they completed the interview and hiring process very quickly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Meraki

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Meraki.

Interview

The interview process was as follows: 1. Phone Interview with Recruiter 2. 2nd Phone interview with another recruiter 3. In-person interview with a panel of four people 4. Offer made Everything was very exciting while the interview process was occurring. The main thing is to be prepared and know your current sales process.

Interview Questions

• They wanted very specific information about current sales successes I had- Be very detailed, nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations took 2 days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was invited to a recruiting cocktail party by my awesome friend who works for Cisco Meraki. The cocktail party was a blast -but be warned! This party is the first round of your interview. They are testing for soft skills that are critical for sales success (i.e relationship-building, conversational abilities, establishing rapport etc.). After the cocktail party, I was immediately called in for an in-person interview. I had four consecutive one-on one interviews in one afternoon onsite - 2 with sales directors and 2 with sales team managers. Each interview asked questions pertaining to a distinct skill set (i.e, sales process questions, technical/product questions etc.). I "hard closed" at the end of each interview, so I was not surprised that I was reached out to by the recruiter two days later with an offer. It took me a longer time, however, to come on board because I was negotiating my base/OTE. I was already in a good situation and was not willing to take a pay cut. Negotiation took several months. After learning more about available overtime and the culture of quota over-achievement, I decided to come on board. Cisco Meraki has an amazing product, an amazing culture and an amazing office and I feel so excited to get started!

Interview Questions

• Explain a technical skill or ability that you have.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meraki in November 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a Cisco Meraki recruiter, who scheduled a phone interview with me. During the phone interview, the recruiter was very knowledgeable about Meraki as a company, and the products and solutions that were offered. I walked through my resume with the recruiter, and explained why I thought I would be a good fit for Meraki. Following the phone interview, the recruiter scheduled a second phone interview with a Sales manager for the following week. During the 2nd phone interview with the sales manager, I was asked to provide an overview of Meraki's products/services, and what advantage they bring over their competition. I walked through my resume and was asked why I thought I was a good fit for Meraki. I was also asked to walk through my current sales process. The on site interview (3rd) consisted of four interviewers, which were 30 minutes each. Every interviewer had 4 different focuses. Technical aptitude, sales process, relationship building, and compensation structure. The recruiter I worked with was extremely thorough, and walked me through each step of the interview process very closely. My perception of the Meraki employees, was they genuinely enjoyed the people they worked with, and were proud of the significant, and consistent sales growth year over year.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were standard and straight forward. One of the questions that was unexpected was, asked during my on site interview. The question was "Who besides the recruiter from Meraki was I in contact with to learn more about the company".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 weeks and began with a happy hour event where I was able to meet around 30 people from the sales team. Next step was a phone conversation with the senior sales recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly straightforward and was asked about my background and my knowledge of Meraki and it's products, my sales process and why I want to work for Meraki. Final step was a 3 hour in person interview with 4 people on the sales team (director level and managers). Each person had a focus of what they were interviewing me on so in a few cases the questions didn't make sense but it was great to hear each perspective of the company. Overall the process was challenging but the recruiter coached me through the process and I never felt forced to make a decision. They were upfront about the expectations and I was able to deliver.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was a scenario where I just purchased a Meraki branded toaster and what this told me about the toaster, the company, and the world.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meraki.

Interview

BIG TIP: If your phone interview is with an Inside Sales Manager named Austin, then you should probably study up on the best way to get through listening to a guy talk about himself for 45 minutes. That's pretty much all you need to know to get yourself to the next level here.

Interview Questions

• There were actually no questions related to the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

The process included a 30-minute phone screen, then they schedule you for a face-to-face interview with four managers. They include two directors and two inside sales mgrs. I was extremely impressed with their questions, and by the end of the process, they had sold me on the job. I was very excited to work with this caliber of people. I received an offer within 2 days of the interview. Other people who have interviewed here and didn't get the job, were notified quickly (usually within 2 days), which I found to be very considerate and helpful. They have their processes down at Meraki.

Interview Questions

• One of the managers asked me to sell them a mattress. It was an amusing exercise, and I killed it. Why do you think you were so successful at your last position, above and beyond the others? Tell me about the products we offer at Meraki? What is our value proposition? Tell me the history of the company? What is the difference between a switch and a router? Who are our biggest competitors for wireless, switching, security and MDM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Internal connection led to one day of three interviews - NA East Sales Manager, NA West Sales Manager and VP of Sales WW Sales. All were prepared and professional. Pretty laid back, very conversational. One manager was more interview'ish - what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc. I really liked the VP of Sales' energy. Open floor setup spoke to the team environment - desks stacked against one another encouraged peer sharing. Reps walking around with wireless headsets tossing footballs in the air while selling.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Meraki.

Interview

So this company does't really follow it's own guidelines determining who is qualified and who isn't qualified based on their own set of standards for the position. I really did my homework and went to many networking events and talked with lots of employees about this company, who gets hired and who doesn't get hired. 1st issue: Their job specifications and pre-requiste requirements are completely tossed out the window. There's lots of people in this company who signed on without 2 years of channel selling experience in the dollar range they ask for. What does that mean? They hire you because someone likes you, your merits are irrelevant to the job. 2nd issue: Culture.... it's extremely fraternity and sorority based. Get ready to suck up to people who might like you enough to give you an interview. I was at an event and I over heard a conversation about how Meraki doesn't pay well enough. I'm sorry but this is channel selling, people show up with money in a brown bag and say what do we need, put the package together. Why are you complaining about how much you make when it's a really easy sales cycle. 3rd issue: If you have questions to ask the Sales Managers they never respond..... So here's the take home. If you are a hard worker and believe in the world of meritocracy I wouldn't waste your time applying because at the end of the day you're not going to fit in. If you were in a panhellenic society in college and have the right social skill set and capital you'll have no problem getting in the door.

Interview Questions

I didn't like the culture, or the people I would be around.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Contacted by a new Recruiter via linkedin. She asked for my resume even though she was trying to recruit me. We scheduled a time to talk and she talked my ear off. I thought recruiters are supposed to let the candidates do the talking. She kept me on the phone for an entire hour from all her talking. She did ask me basic questions and then she'd ask the same question 2-3 more times. Either she didn't know what she was doing or she was doing that on purpose to see if I was lying, which I don't appreciate. The first impression was not a good one, she didn't do anything to represent meraki in the best light and make me want to leave my job of 4 years to go to meraki. The recruiter then determined she wanted me to be phone screened by a Manager so I spoke to one of the sales managers. In 5 minutes, he determined I didn't work in channel sales and that I don't have salesforce experience or demo experience because my company uses an inside crm and we have SE's who do all the demos. In 5 min he determined I was not a fit, which she couldn't determine in an hour of talking to me. The sales manager even apologized to me for the recruiter saying she's new and most of the sales team is new and still have a lot to learn. It's upsetting to have to deal with these kinds of recruiters because it wastes time. I didn't have a good impression of meraki and wouldn't interview here again.