Meraki

Meraki Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

Network Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meraki.

Received invite to interview via LinkedIn, and had a phone interview, followed by a Skype technical interview. The phone interview was a basic get to know you and your interests. The technical interview detailed debugging networking trouble scenarios. The technical interview was done via Skype and took about 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Questions covered basic networking technologies and fundamentals.   Answer Question

Decided to stay at my current position.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Meraki.

The interview process was as follows:
    1. Phone Interview with Recruiter
    2. 2nd Phone interview with another recruiter
    3. In-person interview with a panel of four people
    4. Offer made

Everything was very exciting while the interview process was occurring. The main thing is to be prepared and know your current sales process.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted very specific information about current sales successes I had- Be very detailed, nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    Negotiations took 2 days

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Meraki.

Introduced through recruiter. The first step of the interview process is to attend a sales org mixber at a local bar in San Francisco. They want to see how you interact with everyone. Killed it at the open house and then was invited to continue the interview process with a team lead.

Interview went well and was told I'd be moving on to the next step of the process. Then they changed their mind with very little explanation.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about what company I admired most and why.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Meraki.

I submitted my resume during an university career fair and got contacted afterwards. We chatted over phone can coded online. There were two technical questions, where the 2nd one had a short follow up question. The questions were not hard but I was a bit nervous so didn't do as well as I hoped.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meraki in November 2014.

I was initially contacted by a Cisco Meraki recruiter, who scheduled a phone interview with me. During the phone interview, the recruiter was very knowledgeable about Meraki as a company, and the products and solutions that were offered. I walked through my resume with the recruiter, and explained why I thought I would be a good fit for Meraki. Following the phone interview, the recruiter scheduled a second phone interview with a Sales manager for the following week.

During the 2nd phone interview with the sales manager, I was asked to provide an overview of Meraki's products/services, and what advantage they bring over their competition. I walked through my resume and was asked why I thought I was a good fit for Meraki. I was also asked to walk through my current sales process.

The on site interview (3rd) consisted of four interviewers, which were 30 minutes each. Every interviewer had 4 different focuses. Technical aptitude, sales process, relationship building, and compensation structure.

The recruiter I worked with was extremely thorough, and walked me through each step of the interview process very closely.

My perception of the Meraki employees, was they genuinely enjoyed the people they worked with, and were proud of the significant, and consistent sales growth year over year.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were standard and straight forward. One of the questions that was unexpected was, asked during my on site interview. The question was "Who besides the recruiter from Meraki was I in contact with to learn more about the company".   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Meraki.

Two phone interviews, then an offer to fly out for on-site. On-site was a long process, I have 5 interviewers in a day. The first was a non-technical personality interview/product demo. There were four 45 minute interviews, with a lunch break (where I can only assume a personality fit was happening).

Interview Questions
    • Asked some sort of question on an algorithm for generating all possible combinations of something. I got it after flubbing it first. This was the worst of the 4 interviews, even though the problem wasn't that hard. It was the last interview, so maybe i was fatigued.   Answer Question
    salary and sign-on bonus

Recruiter Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Meraki.

I get it, every company has their protocols & processes buy what i extremely detest about the whole experience is the email tagging 3-4 days worth before a time & day is secured for just a phone intvw. Than the whole tagging starts again for the 'feedback' phone convo which was to only let me know i wasnt going to move forward in the process. Boy, the girl - sales recruiter chic (does exactly what gives recruiters a bad rep) can not be responsive if her life depends on it. She doesnt return calls or emails let alone in a timely manner until your availability is no longer available for the oh just a crappy phone intvw with her. She prides in the concept of great candidate experience, but its just that, conceptual and not in practice. If she continues to be first contact for the company's sales recruitment, i will bet there's not much hiring going to happen.

Summer Software Engineering Interview

I was contacted a week after a career fair. I was given a technical phone interview with collabedit. They just asked fizzbuzz and deciding if a string is a phone number.

Intern Interview

Met them at the career fair and they liked what was on my resume and immediately invited me to their on campus interview session happening the next day. Wish there was a bit of a gap between the two.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were simple. Implement fibonacci iteratively and recursively. Give an algorithm that linearly determines the highest ranking piece of art given an array of art and a function that takes in two pieces of art and returns the better one.   Answer Question

Account Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Meraki in October 2014.

Initially completed a phone interview. Once that was accomplished I was invited to have an onsite interview. I interviewed with three managers. All asked different questions regarding my past sales experience and what I had done to prepare myself for the interview. After that I met some of the team during lunch. Everyone there was very knowledgeable and helpful.