Meralco

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pasig, Rizal (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Meralco.

Interview Details – Personal submission of CV at the main office, wait for notification through phone for job exam schedule ,technical exam, job interviews (one-on-one and group interviews), personality and IQ tests, medical exam

Interview Question – Are you willing to work on your day-off, holidays, christmas day, lenten season, during calamities or work for more than 24 hours and even if short noticed?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer

I interviewed at Meralco in March 2014.

Interview Details – First was Initial Screening from HR Dept then he/she will give you a referral letter to take an exam in BDI,after you pass they will inform you to take a panel interview compose of 7 Managers.Im just waiting if i pass or not.

Interview Question – No question that you cannot answer just be yourself its all about your resume.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meralco.

Interview Details – Why did you leave your last company? What is your expectation? How much is your asking salary?

CPA Interview

CPA
Pasig City (Philippines)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meralco in November 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Interview and essay exam in HR
2. Board exam type of questions for half day
3. whole day character assessment
4. Panel interview, the one on one with manager
5. tremendous medical exam.

Interview Question – accounting exams are based on board exam. long problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1st job, fixed salary bracket

RES Marketing Specialist Interview

RES Marketing Specialist
Pasig City (Philippines)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Meralco in March 2013.

Interview Details – These were the stages: Diagnostic Test (difficult but not all applicants underwent this), Aptitude Exam/Psychological exam, HR Interview, Panel Interview, Team Head Interview

I have yet to undergo the Panel Interview. Don't worry if it takes too much time before they contact you again. The waiting process is really long.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness and how does it affect your performance?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Support Engineer Interview

Technical Sales Support Engineer
Pasig City (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Meralco in May 2008.

Interview Details – Formerly -you can submit your resume to the HR Dept. I am not sure right now. Then there is the psychological and technical test. Then HR interview, then panel interview-before you are called for by your Team Leader where you will work for

Interview Question – Plan for 5 years from now.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None-=they gave me the salary for the position when I accepted the call from HR.

Electrical Engineer

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Meralco in May 2012.

Interview Details – An independent company beside POEA shall give you a series of exams. The exams are time pressured, without the use of scratch papers and a scientific calculator.

The exam is composed of grammar, sentence construction, abstract reasoning, create an equation based on the problem given, math problems with solving, engineering and applied sciences true or false, personality tests and essay construction.

A psychologist shall also ask you about about life in general. What are your top qualities, what differentiates you from others, what position you want to apply in Meralco and what are your top 3 accomplishments in life

Meralco will call you if you passed the initial screening.

A panel interview shall also take place. It is non-formal, taglish and non-technical questions ask.

Why Meralco, how many failed subjects do you have, what are you qualities that separates you from others, are you just using Meralco as a stepping stone?

You will be required to fill out a lot of forms and a medical check-up shall be mandatory.

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Marketing Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meralco in August 2011.

Interview Details – The panel interview was pretty much standard. They'd ask the interviewee about his/her CV, activities, etc. If I remember correctly, my interview lasted about 20 or so minutes, with the last 5 dedicated to explaining the job. Overall, it's not too bad.

But it's the waiting that really, really sucks. For this position, I had to wait for about a month after the interview. Every week, I contacted the HR to follow up on the status of my app. In fairness, every passing week, there had been improvements (or at least I thought there were). Every week, the shortlist got shorter and shorter, and by the 4th week, the only two people left were me and another person. The HR also constantly mentioned that I was the one preferred by the panel, and it was only a matter of time before they had me sign a contract.

Days after that, I called once again, only to be notified that the position was put on hold. I asked why, but the HR couldn't answer. The business unit apparently just froze the opening.

It was really disappointing, after all, the company was well known for its great benefits, etc. But with all that waiting, I could've gotten a good job (or two) someplace else.

Interview Question – Tell me about your math background.   View Answer

Electrical Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Meralco in March 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was speedy if you have all the qualifications they are looking for. They have a standard IQ, Aptitude and Medical Exams and a panel interview with the managers. MERALCO has the unique Filipino culture company and gives importance on a family idea. The employees treat each other as family and has a great dedication with the job as they called it "malasakit"

Interview Questions

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meralco in January 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process takes several steps. first an essay exam, then an aptutude exam. if you pass youll get to be interviewed by a panel. Personality exams are done once an offer has been made.

Interview Questions

Worked for Meralco? Contribute to the Community!