Mercedes-Benz USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Customer Service Coordinator
Anaheim, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA in December 2011.

Interview Details – Three Step Process:

1. Emailed Resume and Cover Letter to the Customer Service Supervisor
2. 30 minute phone interview with Customer Service Supervisor
3. Hour long in-person interview with Customer Service Supervisor and Director

Interview Question – What do you need to improve in the professional world?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Montvale, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA.

Interview Details – Extremely thorough process with several individuals. Had to specifically speak about automotive industry. Personality and fit very important as well as skills and experience.

Interview Question – Had to recall the most challenging situation I faced in my marketing career and what I did to overcome the obstacles. Also, asked to provide case studies with quantified results.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer made. No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Retails Operations Analyst Interview

Retails Operations Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter then in person interview with the manager. Personality based questions - should know advanced Excel

Negotiation Details – None

Specialist Interview

Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA.

Interview Details – Very long and exhausting process. HR takes a long time to get back to you

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation - you take it or you leave it

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA.

Interview Details – Why do you want to pursue a career in sales? How do you overcome objection?

Interview Question – Can you close everybody you meet?   View Answer

Fuel Economy Test Intern Interview

Fuel Economy Test Intern
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through Mercedes' career website

Interview Question – basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Montvale, NJ

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very long and outdated. Random questions with little interest while giving the interview. It felt more like they were happy to be out of the cubicle.

Interview Question – Can you make fog up a mirror while mouth breathing   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low wage

Senior Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Montvale, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA in January 2008.

Interview Details – Great experience. Be prepared to meet with all of the key players and get asked behavioral based interview questions. Culture fit is key this is a high performance environment and they want to make sure you fit. You may also be asked to do a presentation (if job applicable) or analyze numbers (if applicable). HR is the first stop usually via phone and then the hiring manager. Great overall experience.

Interview Question – I think taking the Talent Plus was the most nerve racking it is an indicator of performance but that was also a great experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – MB does not negotiate the offer is what it is. they pay very fairly based on market.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Montvale, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA in September 2012.

Interview Details – Came in twice for interviews. Very professional. Smart people.

Interview Question – Questions were expected   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Montvale, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mercedes-Benz USA in August 2008.

Interview Details – Extremely professional and courteous. Interview executed with an excellent balance of formal and informal context. Questions were relevant to job description. Job requirements clearly explained. Compensation was clearly explained. Completely unbiased approach. No redundancy in interview process.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness in interacting with people.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Worked for Mercedes-Benz USA? Contribute to the Community!