Mercer

Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mercer.

I applied via Taleo online. Four days later I was called by a recruiter about the position and we talked about the position (interview format) for about an hour. A week later I talked with one of the heads of the company at the site I'd be working at and we interviewed for about an hour. I then was flown out for an interview at their Phoenix location. I interviewed with 9 people back to back over lunch. The time in the interview was from 8am-12:30pm and then I flew home. Such a shame I wasn't selected - their company was very professional and I would have liked (and still would like) to work for them. Luckily the recruiter told me he's looking to put me in other positions - very professional of him.

Interview Questions
  • 1. How many gallons are contained in all the swimming pools in Phoenix?
    2. What does a Vlookup do?
    3. What macros have you made?
    4. Would you see yourself in a team environment like this one? Use evidence.
    5. Would you see yourself in a dynamic workplace? Use evidence.
    6. What is your proficiency in Excel?
    7. Tell me more about your past mathematical modeling positions.
    8. Tell us about actuarial exams.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mercer.

applied through college career website. got an on campus interview.
    They ask all behavioral questions
    I think they ended up taking the intern so the position is closed.
    One of the hardest question was : What did you learn from the client meeting?

Interview Questions
    • Why do you like Mercer?
      Why should we hire you?
      What did you learn from the client meeting?

View Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Mercer.

I applied through the school website and get the interview on campus. Around 15 students at our school get the interview, and I think the process goes well. Not many difficult problems and it is a conversational format. Received notification after a while to say result comes out in a week. The second round is on site interview. But did not get it.

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mercer in November 2014.

Communications from Mercer were a little slow. The final round interview was a half day of interviews followed by a lunch. The interviews were just them getting to know you to see if you fit.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mercer in November 2014.

Applied through the university career website and was invited for an on campus interview. It was a 1 on 1 interview that lasted 30 minutes. The interviewer just went through my resume and had me talk about my experiences. There weren't any particularly difficult questions.

I found out that I was invited back for an on-site interview just 2 days later along with 5 other people. That was a half day of 1 on 1 interviews which ended with a group lunch. Those interviews were rather informal and were mostly similar to the on campus one. The interview really depended on the person doing the interviewing so the difficulty varied. They didn't ask me any technical questions. It seemed like they were trying to assess your work ethic and competence but also your personality to see if you would fit in.

I believe that between 20-25 of us were invited to the 1st interview and 6 were selected.

Interview Questions
    • Give me 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses. You have 30 seconds. Go!   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through school career center. Process did not take long. I interview at the school career center building. Interview was relaxing, however the interviewer looked really tired and stressed out. There was only one person interviewing. I interviewed for about 30 mins or so. Most of the questions were ordinary behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would check if the light in the refrigerator is on while keeping its door closed?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mercer in October 2014.

I applied through university career website, and received an on campus interview opportunity. I am estimating that they interviewed at least 40 students from our school. And I believe they do the same with other schools as well. No wonder the rejection rate is so high. The interviewer was pretty young, so would be my colleague if I am accepted. He talked about his experiences and then I talked about mine. The only questions he asked was strengths and weaknesses. And why do I want to work in a consulting firm. Next steps should be flying in Chicago in 2~3 weeks. But unfortunately I did not proceed, nor do I know any one who did. I received an email a week after my interview saying no offer.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mercer.

It was definitely a tough process, as it is a highly competitive company. From my school, about 11 people were picked for the interview process (out of over 100 applicants), and only 1 was chosen at the end of three rounds.

Interview Questions
    • If you could work for any business, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

There was an initial phone interview, and a on-site interview about three weeks later.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mercer.

The recruiter was very impressed with my qualifications as an actuary and composer. However, when I arrived for an in-person interview, it seemed I was applying for a position that required 3+ years of experience (I was an entry-level candidate). One of the FSA's had a great conversation with me, but the other one quickly dismissed me after a five minutes 1 on 1 (probably for the previously-mentioned). I was relatively frustrated with the process.