Mercer

2.7

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mercer in November 2014.

Communications from Mercer were a little slow. The final round interview was a half day of interviews followed by a lunch. The interviews were just them getting to know you to see if you fit.

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mercer in November 2014.

Applied through the university career website and was invited for an on campus interview. It was a 1 on 1 interview that lasted 30 minutes. The interviewer just went through my resume and had me talk about my experiences. There weren't any particularly difficult questions.

I found out that I was invited back for an on-site interview just 2 days later along with 5 other people. That was a half day of 1 on 1 interviews which ended with a group lunch. Those interviews were rather informal and were mostly similar to the on campus one. The interview really depended on the person doing the interviewing so the difficulty varied. They didn't ask me any technical questions. It seemed like they were trying to assess your work ethic and competence but also your personality to see if you would fit in.

I believe that between 20-25 of us were invited to the 1st interview and 6 were selected.

Interview Questions
    • Give me 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses. You have 30 seconds. Go!   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through school career center. Process did not take long. I interview at the school career center building. Interview was relaxing, however the interviewer looked really tired and stressed out. There was only one person interviewing. I interviewed for about 30 mins or so. Most of the questions were ordinary behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would check if the light in the refrigerator is on while keeping its door closed?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mercer in October 2014.

I applied through university career website, and received an on campus interview opportunity. I am estimating that they interviewed at least 40 students from our school. And I believe they do the same with other schools as well. No wonder the rejection rate is so high. The interviewer was pretty young, so would be my colleague if I am accepted. He talked about his experiences and then I talked about mine. The only questions he asked was strengths and weaknesses. And why do I want to work in a consulting firm. Next steps should be flying in Chicago in 2~3 weeks. But unfortunately I did not proceed, nor do I know any one who did. I received an email a week after my interview saying no offer.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mercer.

It was definitely a tough process, as it is a highly competitive company. From my school, about 11 people were picked for the interview process (out of over 100 applicants), and only 1 was chosen at the end of three rounds.

Interview Questions
    • If you could work for any business, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

There was an initial phone interview, and a on-site interview about three weeks later.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mercer.

The recruiter was very impressed with my qualifications as an actuary and composer. However, when I arrived for an in-person interview, it seemed I was applying for a position that required 3+ years of experience (I was an entry-level candidate). One of the FSA's had a great conversation with me, but the other one quickly dismissed me after a five minutes 1 on 1 (probably for the previously-mentioned). I was relatively frustrated with the process.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mercer.

All communications between the company and I were done very quickly and effectively, and everyone I talked to was very responsive. The interview process was relaxed and truly allowed me to get a better feel for the company -- the environment created was not the least bit stressful. Everyone was very easy to get along with and it was clear that they were seeking easy-going but very hard-working people. I was notified of their decision the day after my interview, which I greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • There were a couple brain teasers, but nothing too difficult. The questions were along the lines of "Estimate the number of people in a certain type of situation."   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mercer in October 2013.

After the first round interview, I was contacted a few weeks later for a final round interview on-site. This consisted of a full day interview process including lunch. The interviews varied from formal to relaxed, but none of the questions were unexpected, and I felt like I was prepared for it.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain why your GPA is so low. This was the only question that I stumbled on (My GPA is not below the 3.0 minimum)   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mercer in October 2013.

I had an interview when they came to my school. Interview was about 30 minutes long but it seemed like it was not that long. The person who interviewed me would ask me questions and I could ask questions whenever I had something that I wanted to ask.

Interview Questions
    • There were not really any difficult question but if I were to choose, it'd be one of those difficult PR questions   Answer Question