Mercer Actuarial Intern Interview Questions

3.2

Actuarial Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewed by 4 interviewers and have a lunch. Most of the questions are listed in glass door. All interviewers asked me what are the differences btw consulting firm and insurance company.

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I had a relatively pleasant interview experience. Everyone was lovely and really friendly. The retirement department had a very strong team working atmosphere. The only disappointment: Be prepared to wait for a while before you hear anything back. I had to wait for 3 months before I heard anything back. (I had to email them first before I got any response back)

Interview Questions

• Just general behavioral questions and going through your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mercer (Washington, DC) in January 2009.

Interview

After submitting my resume I had a panel interview with 2 employees. They were very kind, informative, and made the processes very comfortable. Within a few weeks they notified me that I would progress to a second round interview. They arranged for my stay in a very nice hotel suite adjacent to the office building since I was traveling several hours for a half day of interviews. I interviewed with three separate individuals, and a panel of two employees over a lunch that they covered. I wasn't asked any skills testing questions, but instead they asked personality questions and allowed me to ask a lot of questions.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Interview

Typically 2 interviews, one with HR and then someone higher up or one with an associate and then someone higher up. The way it is done depends on the office you are applying to. Just general stuff, going through your resume, behavioural questions, anecdotal experience, software skills (if mentioned on your resume).

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Online application form, then a telephone interview with mostly competency questions and a few general questions about mercer, an assessment centre which comprised of a group exercise, psychometric tests, a presentation, a written exercise and a lunch with recent graduates. Finally I was invited for two final interviews, one very relaxed interview just about myself, then one about the actuary industry and problems facing it.

Interview Questions

• What have you read about the Actuarial industry recently and why has it interested you?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mercer (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Assessment Centre, a few exercises, group discussion then a presentation on your finding, verbal reasoning at the end. Interview, competency and technical. Each lasted about 40 minutes. Will need to do research about the firm, industry...etc.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mercer in February 2012.

Interview

Got a referral and got a phone interview weeks later. The questions consist most of behavior questions. No standard questions at all. No question like talk about your self or why you want to work at Mercer. The interview is harder than expected. Mercer seems to very care about hiring intern. It considered its intern as future full-time staff.

Interview Questions

• Give me a example of how you solve a complex problem and the process that you utilize for solving the problem.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mercer in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was scheduled through my university. Basic interview questions were asked. For example, what values do you have, why should we hire you, etc. I enjoyed this interview because the interviewer was very friendly and easy going. I would certainly look at applying for a job with this company in the future based on what I was told by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to communicate with a manager. How did you handle it?   Answer Question