Mercer

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Mercer

Interview Details – After a few weeks of applying, I had an initial phone interview and then was contacted a few weeks later to come into the office. There were about 5 other candidates and each of us were placed in a room and had 5-6 different one-on-one interviews, ranging from senior level to analysts.

Interview Question – Most questions were the typical interview questions: "Describe a time you encountered a conflict. What is your greatest achievement."   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mercer in February 2012.

Interview Details – One interview, mostly behavioral

Interview Question – When are you happiest?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mercer.

Interview Details – Great experience. Had 3 phone interviews, mostly behavioral questions and probing into my resume and trying to find out everything I have done.

Interview with 5 different staff members, lots of questions based on my resume, and lost of scenario based questions were asked.

Negotiation Details – None, it was non negotiable.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mercer.

Interview Details – 1st round interviews consist of 1 behavioral and 1 case.The interviewer was very chill, and just wanted to ask more about you.

Interview Question – -what stimulates you outside of work?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer.

Interview Details – Got called in for interview after submitting resume. Talked to 3 individuals who I would potentially be working with. Mostly just ran through my resume and asked me about myself. Also asked what I knew about Mercer. Then had follow up interviews with 2 other individuals, both on the same day.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working at Mercer?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mercer in September 2008.

Interview Details – I was initially recruiting on campus and had to go through multiple rounds of interviews. The first was behavioral on campus of which they chose 4 applicants to come to the office for 2nd round interviews. At the office I met 5 different senior level consultants who quizzed me on my knowledge of the industry and what health and benefits consultants actually do. The questions varied from typical consulting questions, out of the box thinking and situational analysis, predominantly relating to my team experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were presenting something with a superior and had to correct Him or her because they were making a mistake.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a lengthy process because I wanted time off before I started. This was my first job out of college and they didn't allow me to have the time I wanted to transition. I was unable to negotiate pay since this happened in the middle of the recent depression and I had no other offers on the table.

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Mercer in April 2011.

Interview Details – Real easy, met with two people and got an offer within two days

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I accepted the first offer they gave, but have heard about other employees negotiating a higher salary

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mercer in January 2009.

Interview Details – Case Interviews

First Round - 2 basic case interviews by phone with 2 different consultants (2 different days)
Second Round - 1 more advance case interview, a case presentation, and an estimation case

Behavioral Interviews

First Round - 1 general background/resume interview
Second Round - 1 general background/resume interview, and a conversation with a senior partner about the firm

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't have another offer, and I know that I got the same initial compensation package as other analysts in my office

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mercer in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very friendly and corporative environment. Had 2 phone interviews and 2 on-site interview. Very enthusiastic interviewers who are willing to answer your questions and listen to your qualifications.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?   Answer Question

Hoboken, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Mercer in May 2008.

Interview Details – Quick and easy. Very friendly. Asked a few personal questions but mostly behavioral response questions. A lot of information about previous experiences and how I handled them or could handle them differently.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mercer

Worked for Mercer? Contribute to the Community!

Mercer – Why Work for Us?

Mercer is a global provider of human resources solutions and world leader in helping organizations leverage the power of their people to achieve peak performance. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mercer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mercer employees and interview candidates.