Mercer Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

After a few weeks of applying, I had an initial phone interview and then was contacted a few weeks later to come into the office. There were about 5 other candidates and each of us were placed in a room and had 5-6 different one-on-one interviews, ranging from senior level to analysts.

Interview Questions
  • Most questions were the typical interview questions: "Describe a time you encountered a conflict. What is your greatest achievement."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mercer in February 2012.

One interview, mostly behavioral

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mercer.

Great experience. Had 3 phone interviews, mostly behavioral questions and probing into my resume and trying to find out everything I have done.

Interview with 5 different staff members, lots of questions based on my resume, and lost of scenario based questions were asked.

None, it was non negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Mercer.

1st round interviews consist of 1 behavioral and 1 case.The interviewer was very chill, and just wanted to ask more about you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer.

Got called in for interview after submitting resume. Talked to 3 individuals who I would potentially be working with. Mostly just ran through my resume and asked me about myself. Also asked what I knew about Mercer. Then had follow up interviews with 2 other individuals, both on the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Mercer in September 2008.

I was initially recruiting on campus and had to go through multiple rounds of interviews. The first was behavioral on campus of which they chose 4 applicants to come to the office for 2nd round interviews. At the office I met 5 different senior level consultants who quizzed me on my knowledge of the industry and what health and benefits consultants actually do. The questions varied from typical consulting questions, out of the box thinking and situational analysis, predominantly relating to my team experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were presenting something with a superior and had to correct Him or her because they were making a mistake.   View Answer
    It was a lengthy process because I wanted time off before I started. This was my first job out of college and they didn't allow me to have the time I wanted to transition. I was unable to negotiate pay since this happened in the middle of the recent depression and I had no other offers on the table.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Mercer in April 2011.

Real easy, met with two people and got an offer within two days

Interview Questions
    I accepted the first offer they gave, but have heard about other employees negotiating a higher salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Mercer in January 2009.

Case Interviews

First Round - 2 basic case interviews by phone with 2 different consultants (2 different days)
    Second Round - 1 more advance case interview, a case presentation, and an estimation case

Behavioral Interviews

First Round - 1 general background/resume interview
    Second Round - 1 general background/resume interview, and a conversation with a senior partner about the firm

Interview Questions
    I didn't have another offer, and I know that I got the same initial compensation package as other analysts in my office

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mercer in February 2010.

Very friendly and corporative environment. Had 2 phone interviews and 2 on-site interview. Very enthusiastic interviewers who are willing to answer your questions and listen to your qualifications.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hoboken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Mercer in May 2008.

Quick and easy. Very friendly. Asked a few personal questions but mostly behavioral response questions. A lot of information about previous experiences and how I handled them or could handle them differently.

Interview Questions

Worked for Mercer? Contribute to the Community!