Mercer

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mercer in February 2014.

The entire hiring process took about 2 months from 1st round interview, 2nd round interview (phone) to the final onsite. Yet the hiring manager said it would take 3-4 weeks for the result to come out, I checked upon around that time, got the reply `` maybe another 3-4 weeks", that's the whole email. no hi, no thank you, then completely no hearing-back. Definitely one of the worst interview experience I have.

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mercer in October 2012.

This was through campus recruiting. First round interview was 1 behavioral and 1 case. Behavioral was very conversational, interviewer posed hypothetical situations and asked for responses, nothing like "tell me about a time when..." Second Round included 2 behavioral, 2 cases, and 1 project walk through. Behaviorials was heavy on personal story. 1 technical case very finance heavy, other case higher level strategy. Most cases revolve around healthcare.

Interview Questions
    • Technical case revolved entirely around finance concepts: capm, wacc, cost of capital/debt, beta, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mercer in February 2011.

Phone (30 min) inc. basic behavioral questions that aims to understand what type of person you are & how well you can communicate. "Walk me through your resume" so be concise and be prepared to tell them what you did and the results you achieved.
    Final In-Person: Spoke w/5 people who did 1:1 with me. Great office culture & team environment. Each interviewer comes to you versus you having to go around from person to person. Be prepared for a case study on the company's line of work, strategy case study and emphasize WHY you want to work for Mercer (this came up over & over again). Overall, really intelligent group of people who want to make sure you want MMC and aren't considering them as 2nd choice. Ask smart questions, so be sure to read their published books.

Interview Questions
    • Based on these charts on executive compensation, what is the recommendation you'd make to the firm?   View Answer

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mercer.

Typically Mercer uses case studies for Analyst and Associate hires, but I didn't have to do this because I came from one of their clients

Interview Questions
    • I assume case study questions are harder than anything I had to answer. The hardest questions I was asked were related to my specific excel abilities   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mercer in February 2010.

The firm only asked you form predetermined questions. Very easy, but not a good way to get to know their candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to reasearch something   Answer Question