Mercer Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Talent Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in March 2014.

I initially applied through Mercer's career page online as a college hire after being invited to an information session at their office. After applying, I received a call 2 months later asking me to come in for an interview. The on-site interview was 2 hours long, with four 30 minute behavioral interviews. Most questions revolved around my resume (education, how my previous experience relates to the job, etc.). One interviewer asked me common behavioral questions (tell me about a time when ...). I received a call two days later to take the writing test (I believe this is mainly for the communication practice). The test took me the entire 3 hours and it was very exhaustive.

Interview Questions
    • No truly difficult questions. They are trying to figure out if you're a good fit for their organization.   Answer Question
    They met my requested salary range. Not much negotiation needed since this was my top choice.

Talent Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Mercer in March 2014.

The lower level employees, who interviewed me were extremely knowledgeable, helpful and seemed to have a genuine interest in getting to know me. The executive, who interviewed did not even bring a pen to take notes. She did not even glance over my resume before sitting down for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult part was not the questions, but my inability to connect with the executive conducting my last interview. She seemed so uninterested that I left unsure of why I ever had an interview to begin with.   View Answer

Senior Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Mercer in March 2013.

One preliminary interview - either on campus or over the phone. Those who make it past that round are called into an office interview with only a few others.

Interview Questions
    • No questions seemed unexpected at all, fairly typical interview. I did not encounter any specific questions like "solve this problem" "do this in excel" or "craft a response to this business case"   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Mercer in February 2012.

Have lunch with partner, come back for a round of four separate interviews...

Interview Questions
    Worked with internal recruiter on negotiating salary...

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Mercer in April 2011.

Real easy, met with two people and got an offer within two days

Interview Questions
    I accepted the first offer they gave, but have heard about other employees negotiating a higher salary

Worked for Mercer? Contribute to the Community!