Mercer

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Services Team Leader Interview

Norwood, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mercer in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied mid-Oct. Next day receive e-mail for phone screen. 2 1/2 wks later recruiter e-mails with alternate position, setup w/interview for following wk, afterward invited to meet w/hiring mgr. 3 wks later recruiter responds to my e-mail that team moved on. Feedback sought from hiring mgr - silence deafening!

Interview Question – Why should we hire you.   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Norwood, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Mercer in April 2011.

Interview Details – Horrible process stay away from the comapny

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Principal Interview

Principal
Norwood, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Mercer in July 2010.

Interview Details – The best interview process I've experienced. The recruiter I worked with was outstanding, frequently communicating updates on a timely manner.

Negotiation Details – Mercer saw my potential value and put a very generous offer on the table to ensure their commitment in my future. My decision was instant.

Very Easy Interview

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Norwood, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in September 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview, spoke with the hiring manager and 1 guy on the team. Typical PM questions.

Negotiation Details – I asked for more for the salary and got it.

Norwood, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mercer in July 2013.

Interview Details – They asked a lot of behavioral questions. They like it when you ask a lot of complicated questions. They want you to be a quick thinker and be a quick learner.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time when something you tried to accomplish And failed. Tell me about a recent situation in which you had to deal with a very upset customer or coworker. Give me an example of a time when you used your fact-finding skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had a short phone interview asking about why I was considering the position and other behavioral questions. She asked me why I picked my major, and asked me to explain my previous job experience. The interviewer was very friendly and said that she would set up another phone interview with another hiring manager. However, that phone call was never scheduled. I contacted by phone and email, finally two weeks later she replied saying they were considering other candidates.

Interview Question – What has been your most important achievement in the last 6 months?   Answer Question

Norwood, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in September 2012.

Interview Details – Went through a staffing agency, who will bring you in for an informal interview with them first. Assuming you get the interview at Mercer, they will ask you to go through your resume and experience, why you're interested, and what you know about Mercer. The interview questions come next, after which you should ask a few questions. 30-45 minutes, you'll usually hear the next day or so. Whole process is a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used data during your work experience.   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation when you had a confrontation with a superior.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Told by staffing agency that they would offer me the job, told staffing agency I would take it. No room for negotiation.

Norwood, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mercer in August 2012.

Interview Details – Went through my temp agency which set me up for the interview and prepared me for all the questions they had for me. A majority of the questions were based around scenarios I have been in with other companies and how I handled them being as detailed as possible. The questions could be anything and they are always looking for a positive resolution.

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. The temp agency already had everything negotiated. I just had to show up.

Call Center Representative Interview

Norwood, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mercer in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewer was late, Interview was about 15 minutes long and was with at leat 5 people. At least 2 interviews if you are selected at all. HR takes forever getting in touch with you and you have to chase them down. Interview was horrible. Management who interviewed me was rude. Sorry I even went in the first place. Stay as far away as you can.

Interview Question – Give an example of a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negoition

Health and Benefits Consultant Interview

Health and Benefits Consultant
Norwood, MA

I interviewed at Mercer in September 2012.

Interview Details – The Interview, was fairly easy. They asked basic questions about your last job and situational questions. ( Such as If you were on the phone with a costumer that was upset, how would you handle the situation.)

Interview Question – None all the question were fairly easy and the best interview questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mercer? Contribute to the Community!

Mercer – Why Work for Us?

Mercer is a global provider of human resources solutions and world leader in helping organizations leverage the power of their people to achieve peak performance. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mercer interview questions and advice in Boston, MA. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mercer employees and interview candidates.