Mercer Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jun 18, 2015

3.2

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mercer (Boston, MA).

Interview

First had a couple phone interviews, and this led to an in person interview with about 6 people (one at a time) and then concluded with lunch out with two of the newer actuaries (the position I was applying for). Everyone was nice and I thought everything went well, but I got a generic letter a couple weeks later stating that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too tricky, typical questions about my past work experience.   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter who subsequently called me in for an in office interview where I met form individuals from 3 different teams (separately). The in office interview was not overly difficult since I had very relevant experience. The interviewers were not intimidating nor were they difficult to communicate with.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with benefit calculations?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mercer (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

First Round: 30 minute phone interview: basic behavioral questions with one brain teaser and one hypothetical work scenario

Second Round: On-site, 4 30 min interviews and lunch with 2-3 employees and 2-3 other candidates. Again, mostly basic behavioral questions were asked during the interviews.

They were very fast getting back to me about passing both the first and second rounds. I heard about getting a second round within a day of the interview, and about getting an offer within a week of the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• You suspect your refrigerator light is not turning off when you close the door. How can you test?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, though they will raise your salary if you pass more actuary exams prior to your start date

Client Services Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied mid-Oct. Next day receive e-mail for phone screen. 2 1/2 wks later recruiter e-mails with alternate position, setup w/interview for following wk, afterward invited to meet w/hiring mgr. 3 wks later recruiter responds to my e-mail that team moved on. Feedback sought from hiring mgr - silence deafening!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

They asked a lot of behavioral questions. They like it when you ask a lot of complicated questions. They want you to be a quick thinker and be a quick learner.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when something you tried to accomplish And failed. Tell me about a recent situation in which you had to deal with a very upset customer or coworker. Give me an example of a time when you used your fact-finding skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mercer (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Had a short phone interview asking about why I was considering the position and other behavioral questions. She asked me why I picked my major, and asked me to explain my previous job experience. The interviewer was very friendly and said that she would set up another phone interview with another hiring manager. However, that phone call was never scheduled. I contacted by phone and email, finally two weeks later she replied saying they were considering other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What has been your most important achievement in the last 6 months?   Answer Question

Pension Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Began with a phone call from HR. Series of 3 interviewers, pretty standard. General questions in regards to prior experience. Met with several different team leads, low pressure environment. It took several weeks before a formal offer, HR was pretty good about staying in contact. But overall the process took too long.

Interview Questions

• Past experience with excel, sql and what role I saw myself fitting into   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Went through a staffing agency, who will bring you in for an informal interview with them first. Assuming you get the interview at Mercer, they will ask you to go through your resume and experience, why you're interested, and what you know about Mercer. The interview questions come next, after which you should ask a few questions. 30-45 minutes, you'll usually hear the next day or so. Whole process is a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used data during your work experience.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you had a confrontation with a superior.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told by staffing agency that they would offer me the job, told staffing agency I would take it. No room for negotiation.

Health and Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

The Interview, was fairly easy. They asked basic questions about your last job and situational questions. ( Such as If you were on the phone with a costumer that was upset, how would you handle the situation.)

Interview Questions

• None all the question were fairly easy and the best interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

Went through my temp agency which set me up for the interview and prepared me for all the questions they had for me. A majority of the questions were based around scenarios I have been in with other companies and how I handled them being as detailed as possible. The questions could be anything and they are always looking for a positive resolution.

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. The temp agency already had everything negotiated. I just had to show up.