Mercer Health & Benefits Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Actuarial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits in July 2013.

Transfered internally, in person interviews, looked on company website and talked to Sr. Recruiters, I had a phone interview and then followed with 2 in house interviews. Decision took almost 3 months before I was offered the position, relo compensation was a tricky discussion. Was asked to take a lesser role.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you making the change from your current group?   View Answer
    Relocation piece was tricky

Health & Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits in May 2011.

very easy and professional process

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Urbandale, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbandale, IA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits.

Good interview process. Went smoothly. Recruiter was straightforward and honest as she could be.

Quick and easy.

PSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits in August 2012.

A lot of behavioral questions, "tell me about a time that you're manager gave you negative feedback" "tell me about a time you had to complete a project with several interruptions"

Interview Questions
    • If I was ok with parking at the bus station and taking the bus because temps cannot park in the building.   Answer Question
    through a temp agency

Participant Services Representative Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits.

I had one interview that went very well with someone from Mercer but was contracted through an employment agency where I had a prior interview.

Health & Benefits Analyst Intern Interview

Had one 30 minute phone interview asking basic behavioral questions. There were no technical questions asked and there was no case style interview for the first round interview. Overall, they seemed most interested in your interest in the company and industry and how your relevant experience made you a qualified candidate.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a situation where a member of your group is not pulling his/her own weight?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Group interview. Took 4 rounds and each had 2 people. Basic questions about yourself and behavioral questions. The recruiters were nice and not harsh. They all understand that people don't always recognize their potentials. You need to know the company and why you think you can stand out.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits in September 2013.

I had a friend at Mercer submit my resume. I received an email from HR to set up a phone interview with the Unit Manager. I then had an in person interview with 5 people from the company and they took me out to lunch. HR sent me an on-line personality/aptitude test.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot of questions about time management. I had a lot of people ask if I felt comfortable saying 'no' to my colleagues if I didn't have time to do whatever they were asking for.   Answer Question

Senior Health and Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Mercer Health & Benefits in April 2011.

Initial communications came from the office leader. He requested I fill out the online resume for a specific posted position. I then spoke with a Mercer recruiter. She set up a phone interview with the main person in the office in charge of vetting interview candidates. After that I was invited for an office visit. I interviewed with two Associates and a Principal, and then met the Senior Associate who preformed my phone interview. It took a great deal of time to hear back on whether or not I had gotten the position. I was finally called by the recruiter to complete paperwork and preform my background check. The whole process took approximately 4-6 months until my start date.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I received was if I planned on attending Grad School. It seemed a little like a trick question... 1. Did I value continuing education or 2. Did I plan on leaving them in the future?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Low key but long interview process with about 6 employees.

No negotiation.

Worked for Mercer Health & Benefits? Contribute to the Community!