Mercer Human Capital Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer.

It was half an hour of behavioral interview, followed by half an hour of case interview. The case interview was a business strategy case, it was not a human capital case. It was basically a market entry/ growth strategy case, not numerical more qualitative, although they asked me how I would approach the question if I had related numbers.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about a time when I had to prioritize things to do and what I did. This questions is pretty difficult because technically all you can say is: I prioritized them, but they are asking you how.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Mercer.

Behavioral and case interview about strategy and declining profits. Typical behavioral interview about group situations, personal strengths and weaknesses, resume experience. Very conversational. Case interview was a little tougher as the guy did not answer many questions when asked so you are essentially working with no information. Case interviewer was a little more unpleasant and did not pay attention the majority of the time.

Interview Questions
    • Strategy case interview was about declining profits and revenue   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in April 2010.

I was asked all the usual questions. The person who interviewed me was very nice. he told me about his experience at Mercer. The first thing we did was to go over my resume and talk about my experience. A huge part of the interview was me asking questions. It seems that their strategy at least in that interview was to see how you can perform in asking questions that are relevant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in November 2007.

The interview was done in 2 rounds. The first round was a personality test, basic questions to determine if you were the right fit. The second round consisted of an all day interview, with 1 case study and 2:1 interview. There was also a required evening social event at a restaurant in Midtown Manhattan. The case study was fairly straightforward, with a few graphs that needed to be used to analyze the question.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the riskiest decision you've ever made   Answer Question
    • Describe a group project where you experienced some form of difficulty   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mercer in February 2008.

There were three interviews in total, I applied through a recruitment agency. The first interview was with THe Business Leader of Compensation Service, the second interview was with The Business Leader of Human Capital (Principal Level) and the Business Associate (Senior Associate Level) and the second interview was with the Region Business Leader (EMEA Head of Human Capital). The interviews lasted each approx. 1 hour. The first interview focused on skills around excel, computing compensation data and managing large datasets. The second interview focused on similar things but also information around general skills and expertise in HR. The final interview was about cultural fit, ambition and handling pressure.

Interview Questions
    • 'So you did a good degree, you seem smart, how did you end up in Human Capital?'   Answer Question
    About three weeks.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

There are two interviews. The first one was more intense, it was about three-hour long followed by an Excel assessment. The first person I met was from HR, followed by staff from the department that was hiring. The Excel assessment was fairly easy for students come out from business school. The second-round interview was more relaxing as they picked two from the first-round and it was interviewing with partners.

Interview Questions
    • They expect you to have some basic knowledge on proxy statement and the rest part was about fit.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Mercer in September 2011.

Very robust process

Interview Questions
    • How many instructional designers in India (Guestimate)   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Mercer in October 2011.

The second round interview is a day of interviews at the office. There were 4 interviews, 2 fit, 1 quant oriented case, and 1 general case. There was also a quantitative test (but they don't expect you to finish it). Then we had an optional lunch with some of the people at the office. I would advise just doing research on the firm and knowing how to tell a story about your experiences. Also if you haven't taken timed quant tests for a while maybe brush up on that--although I don't think that contributes much to their final decision. Overall everyone was really friendly and helpful, although I did sense some tensions between the Human Capital group and the bureaucratic systems that the overall company uses (which may be more suitable for other divisions like Health and Benefits, etc.).

Human Capital Analyst Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mercer in January 2011.

30 minute phone interview consisted of a 1:1 interview with a current human capital analyst. The interview questions were generally basic personality and interest questions such as:
    tell me about yourself.
    why are you interested in this position?
    what experiences have you had in the past that is similar to what we do?
    Tell me about your team working skills

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you worked in a team   View Answer

Human Capital Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in February 2010.

General behavioral questions, I was interviewed on the phone by two associates, very interested in experience with data analysis and asked mostly about specific things I have done with financial data. Nothing too exciting or out of the ordinary. The interviewer said they tend to do a lot of phone screens and then pick out final candidates weeks later.

Interview Questions

Worked for Mercer? Contribute to the Community!