Mercer Human Capital Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It started off well. I had a recruiter contact me for the position and she followed up with an email link to do a video interview. The next week I heard back from the coordinator to set up an hour phone interview with two members of my team. I was given a conference line and dialed in 5 minutes before I was scheduled. I waited at least 15 for the interviewer to dial in before I sent an email to the coordinator. The coordinator responded to me that the 1st interviewer had an "emergency" and could not make the call and to wait for the 2nd interviewer. I wish I had known this ahead of time. But I spoke with the second interviewer on time and it went pretty well I'm assuming. The coordinator then reached back out to me to reschedule the interview that the first interviewer missed. So the day comes for me to interview with the other interviewer and guess what... she arrives late for that interview as well! At this point I questioned if I even wanted to work for this company because of just the unprofessionalism. Very disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mercer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mercer (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied through university website. Was selected for an interview the following week. It was a face to face interview for 30 minutes. The interviewer was very nice and respectful. The interview itself was pretty easy, mostly behavioral with a few brainteasers and mini case questions. He was really interested in seeing how I described my thought process rather than if I came up with the exact answer he had come up with.

Interview Questions

• How many coins could you lay end to end from here to your favorite restaurant?   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mercer.

Interview

It was half an hour of behavioral interview, followed by half an hour of case interview. The case interview was a business strategy case, it was not a human capital case. It was basically a market entry/ growth strategy case, not numerical more qualitative, although they asked me how I would approach the question if I had related numbers.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a time when I had to prioritize things to do and what I did. This questions is pretty difficult because technically all you can say is: I prioritized them, but they are asking you how.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Behavioral and case interview about strategy and declining profits. Typical behavioral interview about group situations, personal strengths and weaknesses, resume experience. Very conversational. Case interview was a little tougher as the guy did not answer many questions when asked so you are essentially working with no information. Case interviewer was a little more unpleasant and did not pay attention the majority of the time.

Interview Questions

• Strategy case interview was about declining profits and revenue   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mercer (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was asked all the usual questions. The person who interviewed me was very nice. he told me about his experience at Mercer. The first thing we did was to go over my resume and talk about my experience. A huge part of the interview was me asking questions. It seems that their strategy at least in that interview was to see how you can perform in asking questions that are relevant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mercer (New York, NY) in November 2007.

Interview

The interview was done in 2 rounds. The first round was a personality test, basic questions to determine if you were the right fit. The second round consisted of an all day interview, with 1 case study and 2:1 interview. There was also a required evening social event at a restaurant in Midtown Manhattan. The case study was fairly straightforward, with a few graphs that needed to be used to analyze the question.

Interview Questions

• Describe the riskiest decision you've ever made   Answer Question
    • Describe a group project where you experienced some form of difficulty   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mercer in May 2014.

Interview

Screening CV and 1:1 interview invitation via email
    The posting comes up on the website of target college and having a 1:1 40 min interview with director
    During the interview, interviewer may ask some questions like why did you choose mercer? walk me through your resume.
    In addition, tell about the previous internship experience and other school activities which is relevant with the position.
    The atmosphere of interview was alright but it was tough because the position number is only one.

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Interview

There are two interviews. The first one was more intense, it was about three-hour long followed by an Excel assessment. The first person I met was from HR, followed by staff from the department that was hiring. The Excel assessment was fairly easy for students come out from business school. The second-round interview was more relaxing as they picked two from the first-round and it was interviewing with partners.

Interview Questions

• They expect you to have some basic knowledge on proxy statement and the rest part was about fit.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mercer in October 2011.

Interview

The second round interview is a day of interviews at the office. There were 4 interviews, 2 fit, 1 quant oriented case, and 1 general case. There was also a quantitative test (but they don't expect you to finish it). Then we had an optional lunch with some of the people at the office. I would advise just doing research on the firm and knowing how to tell a story about your experiences. Also if you haven't taken timed quant tests for a while maybe brush up on that--although I don't think that contributes much to their final decision. Overall everyone was really friendly and helpful, although I did sense some tensions between the Human Capital group and the bureaucratic systems that the overall company uses (which may be more suitable for other divisions like Health and Benefits, etc.).

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mercer in September 2011.

Interview

Very robust process

Interview Questions

• How many instructional designers in India (Guestimate)   Answer Question