Mercer

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Capital Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer.

Interview Details – It was half an hour of behavioral interview, followed by half an hour of case interview. The case interview was a business strategy case, it was not a human capital case. It was basically a market entry/ growth strategy case, not numerical more qualitative, although they asked me how I would approach the question if I had related numbers.

Interview Question – They asked me about a time when I had to prioritize things to do and what I did. This questions is pretty difficult because technically all you can say is: I prioritized them, but they are asking you how.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mercer.

Interview Details – Behavioral and case interview about strategy and declining profits. Typical behavioral interview about group situations, personal strengths and weaknesses, resume experience. Very conversational. Case interview was a little tougher as the guy did not answer many questions when asked so you are essentially working with no information. Case interviewer was a little more unpleasant and did not pay attention the majority of the time.

Interview Question – Strategy case interview was about declining profits and revenue   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked all the usual questions. The person who interviewed me was very nice. he told me about his experience at Mercer. The first thing we did was to go over my resume and talk about my experience. A huge part of the interview was me asking questions. It seems that their strategy at least in that interview was to see how you can perform in asking questions that are relevant.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in November 2007.

Interview Details – The interview was done in 2 rounds. The first round was a personality test, basic questions to determine if you were the right fit. The second round consisted of an all day interview, with 1 case study and 2:1 interview. There was also a required evening social event at a restaurant in Midtown Manhattan. The case study was fairly straightforward, with a few graphs that needed to be used to analyze the question.

Interview Questions

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mercer in February 2008.

Interview Details – There were three interviews in total, I applied through a recruitment agency. The first interview was with THe Business Leader of Compensation Service, the second interview was with The Business Leader of Human Capital (Principal Level) and the Business Associate (Senior Associate Level) and the second interview was with the Region Business Leader (EMEA Head of Human Capital). The interviews lasted each approx. 1 hour. The first interview focused on skills around excel, computing compensation data and managing large datasets. The second interview focused on similar things but also information around general skills and expertise in HR. The final interview was about cultural fit, ambition and handling pressure.

Interview Question – 'So you did a good degree, you seem smart, how did you end up in Human Capital?'   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – About three weeks.

Interviewed at Mercer

Interview Details – There are two interviews. The first one was more intense, it was about three-hour long followed by an Excel assessment. The first person I met was from HR, followed by staff from the department that was hiring. The Excel assessment was fairly easy for students come out from business school. The second-round interview was more relaxing as they picked two from the first-round and it was interviewing with partners.

Interview Question – They expect you to have some basic knowledge on proxy statement and the rest part was about fit.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mercer in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very robust process

Interview Question – How many instructional designers in India (Guestimate)   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Mercer in October 2011.

Interview Details – The second round interview is a day of interviews at the office. There were 4 interviews, 2 fit, 1 quant oriented case, and 1 general case. There was also a quantitative test (but they don't expect you to finish it). Then we had an optional lunch with some of the people at the office. I would advise just doing research on the firm and knowing how to tell a story about your experiences. Also if you haven't taken timed quant tests for a while maybe brush up on that--although I don't think that contributes much to their final decision. Overall everyone was really friendly and helpful, although I did sense some tensions between the Human Capital group and the bureaucratic systems that the overall company uses (which may be more suitable for other divisions like Health and Benefits, etc.).

Interview Questions

Human Capital Analyst

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mercer in January 2011.

Interview Details – 30 minute phone interview consisted of a 1:1 interview with a current human capital analyst. The interview questions were generally basic personality and interest questions such as:
tell me about yourself.
why are you interested in this position?
what experiences have you had in the past that is similar to what we do?
Tell me about your team working skills

Interview Question – tell me about a time you worked in a team   View Answer

Human Capital Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in February 2010.

Interview Details – General behavioral questions, I was interviewed on the phone by two associates, very interested in experience with data analysis and asked mostly about specific things I have done with financial data. Nothing too exciting or out of the ordinary. The interviewer said they tend to do a lot of phone screens and then pick out final candidates weeks later.

Interview Question – Describe to me what you did in this project.   Answer Question

Worked for Mercer? Contribute to the Community!