Mercer India Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

3.1

Human Resources Analyst Interview

I had 3 sets of interviews. First was a telephonic one. Second and third were face to face with regional leaders. Basic questions and no discrimination at all. Very fair.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in case of an ethical dilemma at the workplace?   Answer Question

Interview Interview

There was a written test followed by interview....Interview was good and comfortable being my first interview, interview duration was around 30 minutes... It was mix of both HR questions and technical round related to actuarial exams.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mercer India.

What have you learned from your past jobs that related to HR training manager?

Interview Questions
    • What is the most recent skill you have learned that related to your HR training manager position?   Answer Question

Process Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mercer India in January 2014.

First HR round
    Second Aptitude test : which is average in difficulty. Normal arithmetic and maths questions.
    Senior round: Not very difficult.just about your profile, working style and future goals etc.

Interview Questions
    • what excites you most in workplace and why did you take up your current job.   View Answer
    There was not much scope of negotiation as the hr personnel was rigid bout it and she did it in mail, means there was no face to face discussion over salary but she sent me a mail that we cn offer you that much. I called but that was not of much use. she raise a bit more.
    They said that they give 25% hike on current salary but the calculation went as 25 % hike on my net in hand salary would make their gross salary.
    A bit unfair but I was very keen on changing job ASAP so I accepted it.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mercer India.

Started with a screening round with HR concentrated mainly on education,work experience etc. If the candidate is suitable for any process then he/she is taken forward. Total of 5 interview rounds. Screening round, written test (process related), HR round (regarding salaries,location,shift etc.), Face to face interview round ( analytical,behavioral,situational questions), interview with operation manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such. Written was basic accounting, and rest was mostly analytical.   View Answer

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mercer India in July 2013.

Stringent and rigorous Interview process.
    Interview process was a challenging one as there were so many rounds of interview.
    4 rounds of interview and interviewers had really good experience. Impressed with the recruiting team and the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected question came across as such. So there was no problem i came across at the time of interview.   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase is always a challenging one.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mercer India in May 2013.

Walk-in or through consultants
    - Screening - - HR round
    - written test
    - Operational round

Interview Questions
    • Fresher- Why Mercer?, career asipration, why a BPO?, analytical questions
      Experienced - Why a change? career aspirations, tricky questions on last employment assignments or open position's role and responsibilities
        Answer Question

Process Champion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mercer India in May 2013.

Got a call from the Compny HR. She took the 1st round of interview. The manager came in and asked about the reason to leave the current company, current pacakage, comfortable to shifts, about heat map, tracking error, mutual funds, fixed income etc.
    VP came in and asked about the career aspirations.
    Was called for the next round abut writtn test

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mercer India in February 2013.

1. Written round
    2. 1:1 technical round
    3. PM Round

The written test had questions like size of an object, bits and bytes, try-catch, switch case etc
    Interview round involved normal OOPS questions, some sql questions and few questions related to my previous project.
    The HR are a bit slow, they will say that you are selected and will call you later. But In my case the waiting was way to longer then expected

Interview Questions
    • The written test was somewhat confusing as the options were similar   Answer Question
    I was satisfied with the package they offered

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Mercer India in January 2013.

It was a really slow process. I felt like many lazy people are taking interviews. They used to conduct one interview and then forget, after some days again it used to come to their mind and then again they conducted further rounds, in short a 1-2 day process was stretched to around 45days in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions werent much difficult at all, but the question about how to get the error details without checking the informatica log was a new one to me.   View Answer
    I asked on the higher end and they agreed at once