Mercer India

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Mercer India in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Written round
2. 1:1 technical round
3. PM Round

The written test had questions like size of an object, bits and bytes, try-catch, switch case etc
Interview round involved normal OOPS questions, some sql questions and few questions related to my previous project.
The HR are a bit slow, they will say that you are selected and will call you later. But In my case the waiting was way to longer then expected

Interview Question – The written test was somewhat confusing as the options were similar   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was satisfied with the package they offered

Testing Engineer Interview

Testing Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Mercer India in July 2013.

Interview Details – Stringent and rigorous Interview process.
Interview process was a challenging one as there were so many rounds of interview.
4 rounds of interview and interviewers had really good experience. Impressed with the recruiting team and the interviewers.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected question came across as such. So there was no problem i came across at the time of interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase is always a challenging one.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mercer India.

Interview Details – What have you learned from your past jobs that related to HR training manager?

Interview Question – What is the most recent skill you have learned that related to your HR training manager position?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mercer India in April 2010.

Interview Details – Written Test, Technical Interview, HR interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer India in August 2010.

Interview Details – i applied it directly by going on the day of the interview. The interview process took 2 weeks. one round of technical objective test, 2 rounds of technical interviews, 1 manger interview. After you clear the round you will have a HR discussion and offer letter.

Interview Question – Its was not that much difficult if you stay to the basics and give specific answers.   Answer Question

Process Developer Interview

Process Developer
Greater Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mercer India in January 2014.

Interview Details – First HR round
Second Aptitude test : which is average in difficulty. Normal arithmetic and maths questions.
Senior round: Not very difficult.just about your profile, working style and future goals etc.

Interview Question – what excites you most in workplace and why did you take up your current job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not much scope of negotiation as the hr personnel was rigid bout it and she did it in mail, means there was no face to face discussion over salary but she sent me a mail that we cn offer you that much. I called but that was not of much use. she raise a bit more.
They said that they give 25% hike on current salary but the calculation went as 25 % hike on my net in hand salary would make their gross salary.
A bit unfair but I was very keen on changing job ASAP so I accepted it.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Mercer India.

Interview Details – Started with a screening round with HR concentrated mainly on education,work experience etc. If the candidate is suitable for any process then he/she is taken forward. Total of 5 interview rounds. Screening round, written test (process related), HR round (regarding salaries,location,shift etc.), Face to face interview round ( analytical,behavioral,situational questions), interview with operation manager.

Interview Question – Nothing as such. Written was basic accounting, and rest was mostly analytical.   View Answer

Process Developer Interview

Process Developer
New Delhi (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mercer India in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication starts with an e-mail that comes regarding a job opening. All the interviews are conducted by Mercer itself and the no. of interview rounds and types of interview rounds depend on the the process for which a candidate has applied for. Usually at the initial stages first round is usually a written round with either process specific questions or general aptitude test that is average in difficulty level. It is followed by an HR round which is followed by Technical round(Manager Round) and at last Senior management round. The salary is negotiated at last after all this by HR.

Interview Question – Why are you looking for a change?

Frequent Job hopping behavior can be fatal in the interview. There should be a valid and genuine reason for any change. Mercer gives good weight-age to people who are ambitious, open for learning and performance oriented and has demonstrated that in their previous organization.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Smooth. The company matches the expectation to best possible levels.

Team Manager Interview

Team Manager
Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mercer India in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interview rounds of Mercer are very generic and can easily be cracked down. Person with basic knowledge of industry and decent communication skills can easily go through the filtration process. Also, knowledge of HRO industry is not a mandatory requirement but can provide you edge over others. Do not furnish false information about your education, salary or prior experience as third party verification process is there in place.

Process Champion Interview

Process Champion
Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mercer India in May 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call from the Compny HR. She took the 1st round of interview. The manager came in and asked about the reason to leave the current company, current pacakage, comfortable to shifts, about heat map, tracking error, mutual funds, fixed income etc.
VP came in and asked about the career aspirations.
Was called for the next round abut writtn test

Interview Question – Non of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mercer India

Worked for Mercer India? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mercer India interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mercer India employees and interview candidates.