Mercer Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Participant Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Mercer in July 2014.

Went through recruiter, submit resume and cover letter, took tests, interview with 2 Mercer associates came three weeks later. Once i walked in the interview was set. I answered questions thoroughly. You would think they would want someone who understood the company and their procedures and knowledge of what the job entails and things you would go over while training. Asked company questions and in return gave a run around answer. Didn't ask of what qualifies although did ask questions about performance and customer service skills which I aced in since i had more than 4+ years experience. I didnt get to voice what i knew about benefits, administration, investments, Mercer as a whole and the other 3 subsidiaries and how they operate which i wish i had the chance. The atmosphere was a sort of intimidation discrimination. Really wanted to work there during the intial process since majoring in Human Resources but this process signified that this sadly just wasnt the company for me.

-Reading reviews and interviews helped give light to the job culture of Mercer in Houston.

Interview Questions
    • -Market trends
      -customer influence
      - strategies
      -things that contribute to company growth
      Etc.
        Answer Question

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Mercer.

First had a couple phone interviews, and this led to an in person interview with about 6 people (one at a time) and then concluded with lunch out with two of the newer actuaries (the position I was applying for). Everyone was nice and I thought everything went well, but I got a generic letter a couple weeks later stating that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too tricky, typical questions about my past work experience.   Answer Question

Senior Investment Consulting Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Mercer.

First step: computer based test of quantitative and written skills. Questions are directly linked to what you'll be doing day to day. Second/third steps: phone interview then 1-1 then panel interview with team. Hiring can be a long process since senior staff is often traveling. Once hired, not much room for negotiation and start date pretty much immediate.

Meager

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in June 2010.

Extensive interviewing process with more than 5 people!!! Culture is VERY business casual leaning towards business professional. Be prepared to meet with anyone at any time during the interview process. There are a LOT of people who may want to interview you for the potential opportunity and you have to be prepared for that

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an unhappy consultant when you have to say no to them?   View Answer
    No negotiation - they offered and I accepted - there really wasn't an opportunity to negotiate.

Client Service Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mercer in June 2013.

Initially communicated with recruiter and set up an interview. I interviewed with three different teams in one day. I heard back a few weeks later and was offered the position

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest regret so far career or schooling wise?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate salary - good starting base pay and benefits

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  School, MO
    Anonymous Employee in School, MO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Mercer in January 2014.

Submit application. Interviewed with two consultants. Basic questions. They were very rude and almost offensive in some stages. Easy interview but didn't like the people.One thing I will say is that they also did not seem very smart personally. They seemed like they were interviewing students because they had to not because they wanted too. No one from my school got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions. They were just very rude.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Mercer in October 2013.

I had an interview when they came to my school. Interview was about 30 minutes long but it seemed like it was not that long. The person who interviewed me would ask me questions and I could ask questions whenever I had something that I wanted to ask.

Interview Questions
    • There were not really any difficult question but if I were to choose, it'd be one of those difficult PR questions   Answer Question

Health and Benefits Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in April 2014.

Starts with phone screen, then you get a phone interview with an associate/principal. After that they bring you in to their office for 4 15 minutes interviews. Questions were based on fit, rather than skill

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Mercer in February 2014.

The entire hiring process took about 2 months from 1st round interview, 2nd round interview (phone) to the final onsite. Yet the hiring manager said it would take 3-4 weeks for the result to come out, I checked upon around that time, got the reply `` maybe another 3-4 weeks", that's the whole email. no hi, no thank you, then completely no hearing-back. Definitely one of the worst interview experience I have.

Communications Intern - Talent Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in April 2014.

I applied online and received a call about a week later from an associate. She asked me a few basic questions (like why Mercer) and then said she would forward my resume to the next step. A week later I interviewed with the team I would be working with. I had four 30 minute interviews and a two hour writing test that wasn't too difficult. The interviews involved pretty basic experience and behavioral questions and the interviewers were extremely nice and easy to talk to. I got a call a week later offering me the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to work with a difficult person in a group and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Their offer was already much higher than expected so I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Worked for Mercer? Contribute to the Community!