Mercer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Talent Consulting Analyst Interview

Talent Consulting Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer in March 2014.

Interview Details – I initially applied through Mercer's career page online as a college hire after being invited to an information session at their office. After applying, I received a call 2 months later asking me to come in for an interview. The on-site interview was 2 hours long, with four 30 minute behavioral interviews. Most questions revolved around my resume (education, how my previous experience relates to the job, etc.). One interviewer asked me common behavioral questions (tell me about a time when ...). I received a call two days later to take the writing test (I believe this is mainly for the communication practice). The test took me the entire 3 hours and it was very exhaustive.

Interview Question – No truly difficult questions. They are trying to figure out if you're a good fit for their organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They met my requested salary range. Not much negotiation needed since this was my top choice.

Senior Actuarial Analyst Interview

Senior Actuarial Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mercer in March 2013.

Interview Details – One preliminary interview - either on campus or over the phone. Those who make it past that round are called into an office interview with only a few others.

Interview Question – No questions seemed unexpected at all, fairly typical interview. I did not encounter any specific questions like "solve this problem" "do this in excel" or "craft a response to this business case"   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Actuarial Intern

Interviewed at Mercer

Interview Details – Interviewed by 4 interviewers and have a lunch. Most of the questions are listed in glass door. All interviewers asked me what are the differences btw consulting firm and insurance company.

Customer Service Analyst Interview

Customer Service Analyst
Iowa City, IA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Mercer in November 2013.

Interview Details – Informal. They did most of the talking. Asked about my background but I do not recall any behavioral type of questions.

Negotiation Details – I used Glassdoor as a guideline and asked for the highest reported salary ($44,000) hoping for $40,000 and they came back and offered $42,000 so I accepted.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercer.

Interview Details – It was definitely a tough process, as it is a highly competitive company. From my school, about 11 people were picked for the interview process (out of over 100 applicants), and only 1 was chosen at the end of three rounds.

Interview Question – If you could work for any business, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Health and Benefits Analyst Interview

Health and Benefits Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Mercer.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very easy to talk to. This interview was tough. I was asked a mixture of questions directly about resume experiences and behavioral-based questions. My first round interview was tough and I was told I would hear back in a few weeks. It took so long to hear back that I had already interviewed with numerous other companies and accepted another offer elsewhere.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to operate without a safety net.   Answer Question

Employee Health & Benefits Consulting Analyst Interview

Employee Health & Benefits Consulting Analyst

Interview Details – Resume drop through campus. Had a 30-45 minute interview, and was a very pleasant experience. My interviewer had a similar public policy/non-profit oriented background as I did. The interview was very conversational. Questions were mainly about your past experiences. Make sure to have some good questions to ask!

Interview Question – Why HR consulting?   Answer Question

Talent Intern Interview

Talent Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mercer.

Interview Details – Initial 30-minute behavioral interview on campus. A week later, was notified about second round at the Mercer office. Second round consisted of four 30-minute behavioral interviews and a quantitative test (was told there would be a case element, but there wasn't). Everyone was very nice; they're primarily interested in seeing if you're a good fit. Received the offer call an hour or so after the second round concluded.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you gave a presentation that did not go well.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Mercer in February 2014.

Interview Details – Dropped my Resume off at the Career Fair and they called me in for an on-campus interview.

Interview Question – I got asked to give a time where I faced adversity and how did I overcome it. Pretty simple straightforward questions.   Answer Question

Consulting Intern Interview

Consulting Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Mercer.

Interview Details – I went through the first round of interviews. It was a 45 minute long interview and was mostly technical questions, which threw me off guard.

Interview Question – Asked me to name a current issue in the consulting world, which I was not expecting and could not provide an answer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mercer