Mercer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Very rigorous process. Three behavioral interviews, three case interviews, and a lunch. With this group, best to have informational interviews in advance to get to know the people. Hiring decisions were made collectively by the group of interviewers. Tough interview process, not what you'd typically expect for HR consulting.

Interview Questions

• Technical case about human capital related issues and strategy.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Intense interview process. First you submit application, if chosen you then have a brief phone interview. If they like you then you are called in for a formal interview. In the formal interview there is a written test followed by a series of individuals interviewing you one-on-one back to back.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Mercer.

Interview

I applied through the school website and get the interview on campus. Around 15 students at our school get the interview, and I think the process goes well. Not many difficult problems and it is a conversational format. Received notification after a while to say result comes out in a week. The second round is on site interview. But did not get it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mercer.

Interview

I applied for this job on the campus reception. The interview process was efficient. But it took me 4 weeks to get the result. The recruiter just went over my resume and answered my question. He asked me if I have taken any risk management courses and told me the importance of time management.

Interview Questions

• No specified question. Just chat and gave me advice on my future career. Nice talk indeed   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mercer (Southfield, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Communications from Mercer were a little slow. The final round interview was a half day of interviews followed by a lunch. The interviews were just them getting to know you to see if you fit.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mercer in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through the university career website and was invited for an on campus interview. It was a 1 on 1 interview that lasted 30 minutes. The interviewer just went through my resume and had me talk about my experiences. There weren't any particularly difficult questions.

I found out that I was invited back for an on-site interview just 2 days later along with 5 other people. That was a half day of 1 on 1 interviews which ended with a group lunch. Those interviews were rather informal and were mostly similar to the on campus one. The interview really depended on the person doing the interviewing so the difficulty varied. They didn't ask me any technical questions. It seemed like they were trying to assess your work ethic and competence but also your personality to see if you would fit in.

I believe that between 20-25 of us were invited to the 1st interview and 6 were selected.

Interview Questions

• Give me 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses. You have 30 seconds. Go!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mercer (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I got the interview from a recruitment event at my school. I met the interviewer at the event and the whole process was smooth. Unfortunately, I didn't get an offer, but the interview itself was a worthwhile experience and the interviewer was very willing to help my career-building process.

Interview Questions

• How does make you the best candidate out of hundreds of other candidates?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Interviewed with way too many people of varying levels. Interviews were too long.
    Standard behavioral interview questions.
    When interviewed with correct interviewer, got technical questions applicable to the job.
    However, some interviewers were below applicants level, and simply read questions off a sheet. These wasted interviews wasted time, and were of no value for assessment of a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals, and how will working here affect them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate for the value of your labor!

Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview led by HR, then proceeded to interviews with consultants. A lot of behavioral questions that was pretty straight forward. When you get the final round be prepared to do a case study on the sector or industry you are applying for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Applied through my University, was called in for a first interview. The interview was mostly an interview trying to see if you fit. There weren't really any hard or outrageous questions, mostly went over my Resume and asked me about my background.