Mercer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.9

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Mercer.

I applied through the school website and get the interview on campus. Around 15 students at our school get the interview, and I think the process goes well. Not many difficult problems and it is a conversational format. Received notification after a while to say result comes out in a week. The second round is on site interview. But did not get it.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mercer.

I applied for this job on the campus reception. The interview process was efficient. But it took me 4 weeks to get the result. The recruiter just went over my resume and answered my question. He asked me if I have taken any risk management courses and told me the importance of time management.

Interview Questions
    • No specified question. Just chat and gave me advice on my future career. Nice talk indeed   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mercer in November 2014.

Communications from Mercer were a little slow. The final round interview was a half day of interviews followed by a lunch. The interviews were just them getting to know you to see if you fit.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mercer in November 2014.

Applied through the university career website and was invited for an on campus interview. It was a 1 on 1 interview that lasted 30 minutes. The interviewer just went through my resume and had me talk about my experiences. There weren't any particularly difficult questions.

I found out that I was invited back for an on-site interview just 2 days later along with 5 other people. That was a half day of 1 on 1 interviews which ended with a group lunch. Those interviews were rather informal and were mostly similar to the on campus one. The interview really depended on the person doing the interviewing so the difficulty varied. They didn't ask me any technical questions. It seemed like they were trying to assess your work ethic and competence but also your personality to see if you would fit in.

I believe that between 20-25 of us were invited to the 1st interview and 6 were selected.

Interview Questions
    • Give me 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses. You have 30 seconds. Go!   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Mercer.

Interviewed with way too many people of varying levels. Interviews were too long.
    Standard behavioral interview questions.
    When interviewed with correct interviewer, got technical questions applicable to the job.
    However, some interviewers were below applicants level, and simply read questions off a sheet. These wasted interviews wasted time, and were of no value for assessment of a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals, and how will working here affect them?   Answer Question
    Negotiate for the value of your labor!

Consultant Interview

Phone interview led by HR, then proceeded to interviews with consultants. A lot of behavioral questions that was pretty straight forward. When you get the final round be prepared to do a case study on the sector or industry you are applying for.

Government Health Consulting Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mercer.

Applied through my University, was called in for a first interview. The interview was mostly an interview trying to see if you fit. There weren't really any hard or outrageous questions, mostly went over my Resume and asked me about my background.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through school career center. Process did not take long. I interview at the school career center building. Interview was relaxing, however the interviewer looked really tired and stressed out. There was only one person interviewing. I interviewed for about 30 mins or so. Most of the questions were ordinary behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would check if the light in the refrigerator is on while keeping its door closed?   Answer Question

Talent Consulting Interview

One 30 minute interview for the first one. They asked basic behavioral questions with no case studies. They were very nice and friendly. I felt very comfortable. Why Mercer, why talent consulting, why consulting.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mercer in October 2014.

I applied through university career website, and received an on campus interview opportunity. I am estimating that they interviewed at least 40 students from our school. And I believe they do the same with other schools as well. No wonder the rejection rate is so high. The interviewer was pretty young, so would be my colleague if I am accepted. He talked about his experiences and then I talked about mine. The only questions he asked was strengths and weaknesses. And why do I want to work in a consulting firm. Next steps should be flying in Chicago in 2~3 weeks. But unfortunately I did not proceed, nor do I know any one who did. I received an email a week after my interview saying no offer.