Mercer

Mercer Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mercer in October 2013.

Interviewed through on-campus recruiting. On the job posting page it advertised two positions, a general analyst and one in the communications track which had separate qualifications. However, when interviewed the interviewers were only aware of the general analyst position, and seemed confused when I told them I had applied to the communications track only and simply gave "internal reorganization" as an explanation. While both interviewers were friendly I was interviewed for a position I was not entirely qualified for and left the interview very confused and no longer interested in the position. The first interview was a 'fit' interview with general questions about my resume, interest in Mercer, etc. Second was a weird case interview which included questions about graphs and tables.

Interview Questions
    • The questions about the graphs weren't exactly difficult but were definitely unexpected, i.e. what is the relation between these tables, give me the mode of these cells, etc.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mercer in February 2011.

Phone (30 min) inc. basic behavioral questions that aims to understand what type of person you are & how well you can communicate. "Walk me through your resume" so be concise and be prepared to tell them what you did and the results you achieved.
    Final In-Person: Spoke w/5 people who did 1:1 with me. Great office culture & team environment. Each interviewer comes to you versus you having to go around from person to person. Be prepared for a case study on the company's line of work, strategy case study and emphasize WHY you want to work for Mercer (this came up over & over again). Overall, really intelligent group of people who want to make sure you want MMC and aren't considering them as 2nd choice. Ask smart questions, so be sure to read their published books.

Interview Questions
    • Based on these charts on executive compensation, what is the recommendation you'd make to the firm?   View Answer

Actuarial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mercer in February 2011.

first on-campus interview, then if they were interested in you, you would be invited to a second-round interview and it would be on-site.

Interview Questions
    • how would you differentiate insurance and consulting   View Answer

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mercer in April 2010.

I was asked all the usual questions. The person who interviewed me was very nice. he told me about his experience at Mercer. The first thing we did was to go over my resume and talk about my experience. A huge part of the interview was me asking questions. It seems that their strategy at least in that interview was to see how you can perform in asking questions that are relevant.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mercer in February 2010.

On campus recruiting, UC Berkeley. They interviewed 14 candidates for the first round at UC Berkeley, and I'm not sure how many got into the second round, but I didn't and my friend also didn't. Basically, they didn't ask any technical questions. All behavior questions, so it's easy to prepare.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mercer in March 2008.

Very comprehensive behavioral-based interview. Make sure you do your homework before interviewing with this company or you will be left in the dust by the process.