Mercer Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.6

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mercer (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Corporate Recruiting contacted me about the position and after a review of my most current resume, etc they requested a phone interview with the recruiter. Phone interview lasted about an hour. We shared the time equally covering the general overview of the position, the company, and my background. No difficult questions - just basic review of my background and experience. Recruiter said I was an excellent candidate and would recommend I move on to an in-person interview, which I completed a week later. Hiring manager seemed very capable and knowledgeable. In the interview she utilized results from the personality test that was administered via email/web from corporate HR. Interview lasted an hour and a half with typical how would you handle this type of scenario questions, what are the qualities of your preferred manager, and why do you want to work here. Overall process was positive except they never bothered to let me know they hired someone else, which I hear is typical these days, but unprofessional and rude, in my opinion so I rated the process as negative.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mercer (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

The entire hiring process took about 2 months from 1st round interview, 2nd round interview (phone) to the final onsite. Yet the hiring manager said it would take 3-4 weeks for the result to come out, I checked upon around that time, got the reply `` maybe another 3-4 weeks", that's the whole email. no hi, no thank you, then completely no hearing-back. Definitely one of the worst interview experience I have.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mercer (College Park, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

Received a request for on-campus interviewing. I thought it went well, and took 20 of the allotted minutes. There were 2 recruiters, both nice, standard behavioral questions and "why Mercer."
    After a few weeks of waiting, I heard they hired their intern on the spot in a different university.

Interview Questions

• When was a difficult time you had to get along with someone   Answer Question

Health and Benefits Consulting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mercer (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

I had my first round on campus with only 1 person. I was asked to walk through my resume, how I thought the health care bill will affect employers, why Mercer, why consulting, what I thought consulting was about, team work, biggest challenge etc.

I was notified of my second round much much later, but it was 1 day about 2.5 hours with 6 people, two at a time. I was asked about my biggest challenge, a time that I failed, missed a deadline, examples of teamwork, etc. Really great people!

No cases or problems!

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you volunteered to do a really difficult job?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mercer (Washington, DC) in January 2009.

Interview

After submitting my resume I had a panel interview with 2 employees. They were very kind, informative, and made the processes very comfortable. Within a few weeks they notified me that I would progress to a second round interview. They arranged for my stay in a very nice hotel suite adjacent to the office building since I was traveling several hours for a half day of interviews. I interviewed with three separate individuals, and a panel of two employees over a lunch that they covered. I wasn't asked any skills testing questions, but instead they asked personality questions and allowed me to ask a lot of questions.