Merchant e-Solutions

Updated Sep 30, 2014
Updated Sep 30, 2014

3.2

Senior Recruiter Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Merchant e-Solutions in July 2014.

Presented by an agency, 1 phone and 1 Skype interview with Agency, then on site with company, HR Leader and 2 other HR people all together in conf room. Good conversation and questions, I brought up negative Glassdoor reviews, they indicated they let go a number of people after acquisition, it was them. Then a couple follow up phone interviews with remote HR people. Given lots of encouragement from agency and HR (let us know if you have other offers, etc), then they went completely dark. At one point job turned from FTE to Contract. Agency had hard time getting any updates from company. What started as a good experience turned very bad. Would not recommend this employer, there seems to be poor direction and no clear decision making process.

Jira Administrator Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Merchant e-Solutions in February 2014.

I was contacted by phone by the hiring manager. He found me on LinkedIn and saw a good fit. I had the first phone interview & asked my price then asked me to come in a few days later for a interview. I was hired on the spot and started that afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • Because my LinkedIn profile exposed a difficult problem I solved, I had to answer how I did it. I then had to extrapolate to how I could fix the problem they had at this company.
      There were no unexpected questions. It was all very clean and direct. No tricks or prolonged mind-games.

Answer Question
    I asked for a good fee and after a pause, it was accepted. When I was hired, there was a hard stop and I couldn't get them to budge. I found out later my position was not in the budget, so I was happy they squeezed me in with a decent salary range.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merchant e-Solutions in September 2010.

Applied in person, interview was primarily info about myself and if I'd worked with credit card machines, computer Savviness was barely questioned, they didn't tell what my starting wage would be even after asking

Interview Questions
    • Only info about myself and my expectations for the company. Questions were generic, requested information about good or bad situations at previous jobs and what I did about them   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They wouldn't speak to me about pay

Help Desk Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merchant e-Solutions in August 2010.

The interview was very general. They did not ask any questions beyond "Tell me about yourself" and any customer support experience on your resume. They did not care about anybody's qualifications and were non-specific when pressed for details on what the job actually included (online posting was very vague as well).

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.