Merck

Relevance Date Difficulty

Biochemical Engineer Interview

Biochemical Engineer
West Point, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Merck in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked a lot of questions about why I was interested in the position. Then questions like why Merck? where i see myself in 3 years? what type of duties would i see myself doing? She did not discuss the responsibilities of the position until i asked at the end of the interview. This made it difficult for me to explain the roles I would see myself doing in the position, since they had also removed to job posting from the Merck website. After the interview she told me I would hear back from someone soon.

Interview Question – What about the position was most appealing and the duties I thought the position would require   View Answer

Biochemical Engineer Interview

Biochemical Engineer
Elkton, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Merck in April 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online. Took close to a month to get my initial phone interview. Phone interview was about 15mins. I was about why do you like the position and brief discussion of resume. I was told if i qualified i would hear from them by end of two weeks. It took exactly two week to get my site interview. Site interview started at 9am and continued to 4pm. I met one on one with each of 8 managers. Each interview me for an hour or 30mins. Mostly situational question, "was there a time when...?" "how did you you react...?" "given another chance will you do the same thing you did?" "what will you do when you notice a faulty equipment?" etc. I was again told I would be notified by two weeks if i was chosen. It is a week and a half now. i have had two calls from HR asking for some clarification of my documents. still waiting to end of week to hear the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What did you do wrong with your last company that management did not like? How did you reach?   Answer Question
  • Did you ever have a task where you had very limited time to complete? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Biochemical Engineering Interview

Biochemical Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Merck in October 2011.

Interview Details – The day was setup with a car provided to take me to the Merck campus. Once I arrived at the front gate I was escorted by a member of the team to their building. They had a group interview initially with a one hour information session with the group leader. Then we split into individual interviews with specific senior scientists. We had a break for lunch and a few more interviews after lunch followed by a lab tour.

Interview Question – How would you handle a case where another lab member does not follow a specific cleaning protocol?   Answer Question

Worked for Merck? Contribute to the Community!