Merck

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Biotechnician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Merck in November 2010.

First, the hiring manager called me for a phone interview. After that, we scheduled a time for me to take an assessment test, which all Union members need to take. Four hours are allotted for the test although it can be completed in half that time. The test included both skills and personality assessments. After passing the test, I went in for a face-to-face interview.

At the start of the interview, I was taken in with 2 other candidates to sit in a room where we were given a presentation about the Biotechnician position. The hiring manger gave an overview of the position including salary, benefits, working hours, etc. After that I was taken in a room with 3 employees who interviewed me. They asked general questions and overall it was kind of laid back and informal. That day, I was given notification via e-mail that I am on the "bench list," meaning that when a job opens and my name is next on the list, I will be given a job offer. The interview was in November and I have still not be given an offer but I am confident that once a job opens that I will be called. I have a friend who went through the same experience and waited a little over 3 months before she was offered a job.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about working in a position where you do not use what you have learned in school?   Answer Question