Merck

Relevance Date Difficulty

Biotechnician Interview

Biotechnician
West Point, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merck in April 2008.

Interview Details – The initial interview was by phone. After being approved an on site interview was set up. The interviewers were a series of 3 area managers or directors. Each of the three interviews took approximately one hour. The Interviewee is ranked using a point system that is tallied at the end of the interview. After receiving an acceptance letter, a medical evaluation and drug screening is performed. The entire process usually takes 2 months, but It was 29 days from first contact until first day of employment. There was a shortage at the time

Interview Questions

• What will you do when this job gets boring?   View Answer
  • What would you do if you had an altercation with another employee?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating at the time. The acceptance letter included the salary. Now it is highly recommended that a potential employee negotiate if they possess experience. Recent graduates will have to accept what is offered.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Biotechnician Interview

Biotechnician
West Point, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Merck in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was told that I was over qualified because of my Masters degree. Wasted so much time at site. I was interviewed a couple of times prior to this one for other positions at different sites. All of them resulted in the same outcome. I was over qualified from the beginning. I would not recommend anyone with more than a Bachelor's and 1year experience to apply for this position.

Interview Question – Mainly situational based. Describe a time when you did this and how you managed the issue.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Merck

Worked for Merck? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merck Biotechnician interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Merck employees and interview candidates.