Merck Biotechnician Interview Questions

Biotechnician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

Was told that I was over qualified because of my Masters degree. Wasted so much time at site. I was interviewed a couple of times prior to this one for other positions at different sites. All of them resulted in the same outcome. I was over qualified from the beginning. I would not recommend anyone with more than a Bachelor's and 1year experience to apply for this position.

Interview Questions

• Mainly situational based. Describe a time when you did this and how you managed the issue.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Merck

Biotechnician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in April 2008.

Interview

The initial interview was by phone. After being approved an on site interview was set up. The interviewers were a series of 3 area managers or directors. Each of the three interviews took approximately one hour. The Interviewee is ranked using a point system that is tallied at the end of the interview. After receiving an acceptance letter, a medical evaluation and drug screening is performed. The entire process usually takes 2 months, but It was 29 days from first contact until first day of employment. There was a shortage at the time

Interview Questions

• What will you do when this job gets boring?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had an altercation with another employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating at the time. The acceptance letter included the salary. Now it is highly recommended that a potential employee negotiate if they possess experience. Recent graduates will have to accept what is offered.