Merck

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Biotechnician Level I Interview

West Point, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Merck in March 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application in mid December. I was called at the beginning of February to schedule an assessment test. Assessment test was scheduled for late February. Took assessment test in the late afternoon and received a call the next morning saying they would like to bring me in for an interview. Interview was scheduled for the last week of February. An ice storm caused the HR recruiter to notify me the night before that they would have to reschedule my interview to the next week. I arrived at the site for my interview where I joined two other candidates and we watched a presentation about benefits, salary, and history of Merck. They also explained how the "bench list" process worked and told us if we were placed on the bench list (which would be a successful interview) to expect to be called off the bench list as early as March or April because they were actively hiring in many areas, but it is possible to be on the bench list for 6+ months. Each candidate then met with three different employees (one manager and two other biotechnicians in my case) where the interview proceeded. The interviewers were open and friendly, and I was fairly confident that I was good match for the job and that they liked me. I received an email the next morning saying my interview was successful and I was on the bench list. I was called off the bench list and given an offer letter exactly 10 days after receiving an email stating I was chosen for the bench list. From what I've been told by current Biotechnicians at Merck, this is not the norm, I had great timing. I'm not sure if it's coincidence or if it's how they structure the interviews but the manager who interviewed me is the manager I will be working for. They did say that the people you interviewed with would not necessarily be the people you work for/with.

Interview Question – How would you approach a situation where a supervisor asks you to do something you do not feel follows proper procedure?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Merck

Worked for Merck? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merck Biotechnician Level I interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Merck employees and interview candidates.