Merck Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist Interview

Scientist

Interviewed at Merck Canada

Interview Details – I called by HR to scheduled an interview with the hiring mananger, and I interviewed with her directly within one week.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a difficult boss?   Answer Question

Senior Research Biologist Interview

Senior Research Biologist
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merck Canada.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with HR followed by onsite visit

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Research Chemist Interview

Senior Research Chemist
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merck Canada in January 2009.

Interview Details – Scientific presentation, meet with different teams, technical as well as personality evaluations

Interview Question – What would you do if they would can your project and you with it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Biologist Interview

Biologist

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Merck Canada in May 2008.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone; dinner night before and presentation next morning. Background check and one on one interviews, particularly alot of HR type questiosn from scientists (how do you handle conflicts, problem solve, multitask, etc).

Interview Question – Have you had a conflict with a colleague   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Merck Canada in January 2007.

Interview Details – Was first contacted by phone and the hiring manager asked a few simple work and experience related questions. Was then asked to come in for an interview with 2 people from the department. At another occassion was called in to meet with 2 potential colleagues. The offer came about a week after the final interviews.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you were working with a difficult colleague and how did you handle the situation/what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Merck Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merck Canada interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Merck Canada employees and interview candidates.