Merck

Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Data Coordinator Interview

Clinical Data Coordinator

Interviewed at Merck

Interview Details – It was a long afternoon of 5 interviews in a row. It started with the HR screening. Next on to the managers. One person seemed nervous and/or rushed, one seemed antagonistic (maybe they just did not like me) and the other 2 were friendly and fair. I wound up working on a team with one of the "friendly" managers.

Interview Question – There really was nothing too crazy. The most difficult would be "explain how you have worked on a cross-functional team in a previous job."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, just an offer and I accepted.

Clinical Data Coordinator Interview

Clinical Data Coordinator
Kenilworth, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Merck in March 2008.

Interview Details – On the day of the on-site interview I was brought in with 3 other candidates. We had a round-robin type interview where 4 people from the company took turns interviewing us 1:1. 3 interviewers were managers in the department that was hiring. The last person was from HR. They all seemed open and friendly. There were some case questions and behavioral questions, but nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – What do you do if you find a discrepant data item?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a few thousand higher based on commuting distance.

Worked for Merck? Contribute to the Community!