Merck

Merck Engineer Interview Questions

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merck.

initial contact made by HR for site interview. One to one interviews with five manager, including hiring manager.
Very organized and kind of laid back interview. was asked a lots of behavioral questions. Be prepare to talk about your resume.

Did not negotiate at all. got the salary what i wanted.

Other Interview Reviews for Merck

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in April 2012.

-phone interview
    -full day interview at facility

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in July 2010.

Still don't know if I will get the face to face interview...but the phone interview was easy. They called me for a phone interview 2 months after applying online for the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in April 2009.

The interviewer appeared to be impatient. The interview questions were generic, and the interviewer did not seem interested in the responses. Candidates how are interviewing should focus and project accomplishments and what specific roll they played in those projects. The work culture appeared fair. There was one face to face interview.

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in March 2011.

Spoke to associate at career fair and then had a one on one interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation when you couldn't work with a group of people? How did you persevere?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merck in October 2010.

The interview was straight forward and mostly about my resume. There was an info session before hand at my university to go over all of the positions that were available.

Interview Questions
    • What type of work do you enjoy, end product, selling, etc?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Merck in August 2010.

1 week from initial phone interview to face to face interview. Then 3 weeks from interview until final decision was made. In person interview consisted of 3 engineers, 1 on 1 for an hour each.

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in May 2010.

They ask alot of technical questiosn asking about related projects and prior work experience. Be prepared know your tecnhical terms and info right off the bat. For example, I was asked about a design project and asked to elaborate on every step of the project, such as concept generation, testing and refinement, customer surveys, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you have a conflict with a team member and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Elaborate on the process you use to solve problems.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Merck in November 2009.

Started with a 1:1 campus interview, and then brought on-site to the primary manufacturing plant in Philadelphia to go through a full day of interviews. Day began with an overall presentation of the group and consisted of six 1:1 interviews of roughly 20-25 minutes each. Lunch was provided. Ended with impromptu facility tour. At the end of two of the interviews, I was explicitly told "You'll be back here sometime later to talk again." and "this was the most enjoyable interview I've had today." Did not receive offer, and did not receive response to any inquiries for three months. Haven't been re-compensated for the travel or hotel stay after sending information twice.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in November 2009.

I had one on-campus interview that I thought I did horribly in. I was asked a practical manufacturing question, where I was shown a picture of an apparatus that was malfunctioning, and I had to say how I would go about solving the problem. The interviewer also asked lots of questions about my experience, specifically my research.
    I then had a plant interview, where I was flown out to Merck in West Point. There was an initial presentation. TAKE NOTES DURING THIS PRESENTATION. I was asked questions about which area of Merck I wanted to work for, and because I could not remember specific names of departments, my answer was weak. They also use a whole lot of acronyms for the different departments, so it might be nice to pick up those during the presentation.
    Then we had individual interviews. There were seven interviewees, and we rotated between six interviewers, with one break period. It was tough having back to back 30 minute interviews, but the interviewers were nice, and it flowed pretty well. We all had lunch with some current Merck employees. Later we got a tour of the plant. Then we flew away.