1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Environmental Monitoring Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merck (West Point, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

The person whom contacted me about the position, seemed to have not read my resume. The person made it appear as if I met the qualifications for the position, and then later stated that the position did not require a college degree, yet requested for me to obtain documents of proof for my education. I went in to take a skills test, which I thought had mostly to do with the position that was offered. The questions seemed very far off topic from the position, and the room where the testing took place, was very uncomfortable. A week after taking the skills test, I received an electronic message that basically told me that someone who was more qualified, was selected for the position. I do not understand how their skills test, can accurately define qualifications to specific job functions, when the skills test had nothing to do with the position offered. I felt as if the time spent taking the test, could have been better spent working instead of taking a day off to take a test that had nothing to do with the position or my background experience. The people responsible for hiring need to take more time to examine resumes, and qualifications, rather than base their selection off of a skills test that has nothing to do with the position offered.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently working?   1 Answer