Merck Intern Interview Questions

2.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Merck.

It took about 1 month for the first interview. Staffs were very friendly.
It took 1 short phone interview about 1/2 hour. The second phone conversation was about whether I want the job. Once i took the job, the process was transfer to HR who helped with arranging housing and transportation as needed. The whole process was very pleasant and organized.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult question was about technical questions about the specific instrument that I would be using, but this is expected.   Answer Question
No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Merck

Intern Interview

Got interview through on campus recruitment. Interview was at university, took 1 day only 1 hour. Interviewer asked behavioral questions and about past experience and technical questions. Not too diffucult, was a bit long

Interview Questions
    • technical question consisted of solving a problem with a process   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in March 2014.

I interviewed in person with 5 people at the research center. Most questions focused on my past experience and course work. Also, I was encourage to ask questions as well. I was given a free lunch and was able to talk with a former intern who now works for Merck full time.

Everyone was extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a most difficult question really. Perhaps what I wanted to get out of the internship.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in March 2012.

Applied online and was contacted by the hiring manager about a month later. Interview consisted of meeting with the principal scientist and another employee in the lab. Interview questions mainly focused on past research experiences and career goals. There were a few technical questions about different biological techniques and also personality questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your ability to get along with others?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in February 2010.

someone from the group emailed me, asking when it is convenient to talk. i told them and the date was set. during the interview, i was asked about my past research experiences in some details and whether i had used some of the laboratory techniques that they were looking for. did not ask any behavioral questions or anything

Interview Questions
    • difference between accuracy and precision   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merck.

On-Campus Interview and Online Application.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you did not get along with a teammate or co-worker and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Merck.

Online application, phone interview. After 2 months, received an offer letter and started a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with someone whom you don't agree with.   Answer Question
    None, it's a fixed salary position with fixed salary for interns based on education level and department.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in January 2012.

mostly fit questions. Why questions and few questions about experiences stated on my resume.

asked few brain teasers but wasn't so bad.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in December 2010.

Submitted paper application and was contacted regarding a phone interview, which was scheduled for a month later. The phone interview went well; they were friendly and asked a few technical questions regarding bioreactors, and spent a good amount of time answering my questions. I received the offer four weeks post interview.

Interview Questions
    • You are running X machine, and come back an hour later to notice that the outcome was not as you had expected. What might have gone wrong?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in April 2009.

Applied online through my career center and received a call back immediately. Only 1 round, all day, on-site. Had one-on-one interviews with my future manager, her manager, and several other scientists. Had lunch on-site with the rest of my future team. Remember, the lunch is part of the interview so don't be awkward and do make sure to talk and make eye contact with everyone.

A lot of the questions were behavioral, but there were questions about basic laboratory skills (ELISA, Gel-electrophoresis). One thing that was interesting was that they only wanted someone with previous bio-pharmaceutical internship experience like I had.

Interview Questions
    • What are three weaknesses that you have?   View Answer
    probably should have negotiated, but the pay was very good considering I was a 2nd year.