Merck Interview Questions in Kenilworth, NJ

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.5

Senior Medical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ).

Interview

The process was smooth, and initially, fast. I had a couple phone interviews, and they quickly scheduled me for an on-site day of face-to-face interviewing. The actual conversations were fairly desultory--I think they could judge from my CV that I had the requisite experience. The post-acceptance processing took longer, so all in all it was about 8 weeks from contact to starting the job, although admittedly this was during holiday season. The only bad part of all this was a required medical exam--not just a drug test, an exam with a doctor-- at a doc-in-the-box shop that was located over an hour from my city!

Interview Questions

• Frankly my interview was a milk run--like they just wanted to be sure that I didn't have 2 heads!   1 Answer

Negotiation

They actually offered me a huge raise because where I was living and working, salaries were/are very depressed compared with the industry as a whole.

Clinical Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Contacted via email to schedule face to face interview after submission of resume online. Scheduled for interviews with HR and multiple managers. Initial interview was with HR via telephone . Remainder of interviews were with management staff. Interviews occurred one at a time (not as a group). Initial questioning was based on STAR method, and the remainder of each discussion was position and experience based. Interviews were approximately 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• If the position were offered, what would prevent you from accepting it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

After waiting a months after my online application I received an email invite to interview with my boss-to-be and one other principal scientist. After setting up a date the interview was conducted over the phone and finished in about 45 minutes after some back and forth questions. I had the exact qualifications/experience they were looking for so the offer letter came a week after the interview. Great, smooth process with no hassle.

Interview Questions

• Review past experience on your resume and tell me more about beyond what's on the paper.   Answer Question

Associate Principal Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

one day interview and talk to different people, ofcourse a presentation need to be done

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in March 2009.

Interview

Phone interview followed by personal interview

Clinical Data Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in March 2008.

Interview

On the day of the on-site interview I was brought in with 3 other candidates. We had a round-robin type interview where 4 people from the company took turns interviewing us 1:1. 3 interviewers were managers in the department that was hiring. The last person was from HR. They all seemed open and friendly. There were some case questions and behavioral questions, but nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a few thousand higher based on commuting distance.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in March 2008.

Interview

As the result of an acquisition, I interviewed with two directors for an unknown position. The directors were personable and open about the company and culture, but were not able to share information on the specific position.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ) in January 2008.

Interview

The position applied and the position hired were different. The hired position was better than the applied position.

Interview Questions

• Decribe previous experiences   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much. Any negotiation you want to make should be done before joining.