Merck Medicinal Chemist Interview Questions

Medicinal Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA
Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in July 2008.

I had applied for a medicinal chemistry job prior to getting this interview and was contacted directly by the hiring manager about a different opportunity. The interview was a full day, in 30 minute increments speaking with different scientists, mainly PhD chemists. They did ask many technical questions, mostly about the research summary I had provided. There was a dinner the night before with two associate scientists so that you could ask questions about the interview etc.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think is going on in this reaction? (Asking about a reaction in my research summary.)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Merck

Medicinal Chemist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in February 2011.

I received an email to conduct a phone interview with a scientist from Merck. The interview was mostly behavioral with some questions about past experience and also questions about what the most challenging things I have done were.

Interview Questions