Merck

Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Merck.

Interview process was average, but they wanted to know about you as a scientist and a person. It took the whole day included several one-on-one and group interviews (team mates). There was a scientific presentations followed by loads of questions (this is the main assessment part I guess). They liked to be asked questions as well.

Interview Questions
  • Usual interview questions (technical and HR type). Why you want to work at Merck?   View Answer
No negotiations, it met my expectations.

Other Interview Reviews for Merck

Senior Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in September 2014.

First, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then I was brought in for an on-site interview at West Point. I gave a 45-minute presentation in the morning, then went through 45-minute 1-1 interviews the rest of the day. They asked HR questions, technical questions, and were generally just trying to get to know me, and me, them.

No interview, transitioned into Merck after merger with Schering-Plough

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions asked. Evaluations were made after merger went through and employees were absorbed into Merck.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rahway, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rahway, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merck in June 2011.

I applied online and went in for two separate visits with 5 people each. The hiring manager called to make me the offer within a week. Negotiation took 3 days and once offer accepted needed to pass drug screen and everything before it was final. Good process overall. My first day was a month later and they had orientation and on boarding and training. It was a really good session and I learned a lot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merck in December 2008.

Give 45 mins presentation and had 5 1:1 interview with VP, Sr. Director, etc.

Senior Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in September 2009.

Have 30 minute meetings with 6 chief scientist. Then gave presentation to ~15 members of the department.

Interview Questions
    First offer was beyond my expectations, so accepted it immediately. I negotiated on relocation cost and got 15,000 relocation.