Merck Serono

Interview Details – typical interview and hiring process

Clinical Scientist Interview

Clinical Scientist
Rockland, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Merck Serono in June 2009.

Interview Details – I had a very positive experience both w/ HR managers and with the hiring managers. I had a phone interview with HR and then a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring managers on site. They primarily asked me why I wanted to work with them, what I thought were my strengths and weaknesses, and my availability to travel since this position requires some travel. Overall the people I met with were very nice, down to earth and engaging.

Interview Questions

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Geneva (Switzerland)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merck Serono in March 2010.

Interview Details – Rather quick hiring process

Interview Question – Why do you want to relocate to Geneva   Answer Question

SNO Planner Interview

SNO Planner
Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Merck Serono in March 2013.

Interview Details – well it was just 3 question about my back groud and experience.

tell me about your self
why SNO
what are you looking for in this internship

Interview Question – what codes did you use in SAP   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no need for negotiation

Medical Representative Interview

Medical Representative
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Merck Serono in June 2011.

Interview Details – first interview with area sales manager then zonal sales manager then sales head and finally with HR manager

Interview Question – what is your salary expectation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – salary in merck serono main division is standard and its not negotiable so keep in mind and accept offer because merck is one of the leading pharma company and having best culture and management.

Medical Representative Interview

Medical Representative
Muzaffarnagar (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Merck Serono in February 2011.

Interview Details – first of all interview taken by area manager after than online test given by me which was based on science, pharmacology,anatomy and physicology, english grammer . at last interview taken by national sales manager,zonal manager ,and pmt head

Interview Question – please tell me the process of cross resistance in case of amikacin   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Merck Serono in April 2009.

Interview Details – Screening by outside company. Professional interview process.

Interview Questions

Research Interview

Research

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merck Serono in January 2008.

Interview Details – Stayed in one room over most of the day. 4-5 people came in and interviewed separately throughout the day. No tour, which was a bit strange. Had the impression that the team was dominated by some fairly aggressive and (in my opinion) overly-emotional French men. For a foreigner, this emotionally-charged environment may be off-putting. Seemed like it would be a stressful work environment.

Interview Question – why should we hire you?   View Answer

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Senior IT Project Manager
Geneva (Switzerland)

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Merck Serono in September 2009.

Interview Details – I made the initial approach through an contact and was asked to filled in the online application to "make it official".
There were 3 interviews with the hiring manager, department director and rHR. HR focused on personality CV related questions while the Manager handled the skills and competency questions. The meeting with the director was more of a general discussion to gauge my fit to the team.
The atmosphere was friendly and professional. Although the questioning was quite detailed they were quite fair and upfront about what they were looking for.

I got good positive feedback but was not selected for the position as they wanted someone with more experience.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a successful project you worked on.   Answer Question

Worked for Merck Serono? Contribute to the Community!