Merck Serono Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.2

Sales Interview

Interview

typical interview and hiring process

Clinical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockland, MA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Merck Serono (Rockland, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

I had a very positive experience both w/ HR managers and with the hiring managers. I had a phone interview with HR and then a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring managers on site. They primarily asked me why I wanted to work with them, what I thought were my strengths and weaknesses, and my availability to travel since this position requires some travel. Overall the people I met with were very nice, down to earth and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and how you think that makes you suited for this position   Answer Question
    • Is there something that you regret?   Answer Question

SNO Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merck Serono (Geneva (Switzerland)) in March 2013.

Interview

well it was just 3 question about my back groud and experience.

tell me about your self
    why SNO
    what are you looking for in this internship

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no need for negotiation

Medical Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merck Serono (Mumbai (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

first interview with area sales manager then zonal sales manager then sales head and finally with HR manager

Interview Questions

• what is your salary expectation?   2 Answers

Negotiation

salary in merck serono main division is standard and its not negotiable so keep in mind and accept offer because merck is one of the leading pharma company and having best culture and management.

Medical Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muzaffarnagar (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Merck Serono (Muzaffarnagar (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

first of all interview taken by area manager after than online test given by me which was based on science, pharmacology,anatomy and physicology, english grammer . at last interview taken by national sales manager,zonal manager ,and pmt head

Interview Questions

• please tell me the process of cross resistance in case of amikacin   Answer Question

Conventions Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merck Serono in January 2011.

Interview

It was a 3 steps process:
    - HR for administrative and background check
    - Business line manager for professional expertise
    - n+2 (VP) for development potential
    Needed to be very flexible as the n+2 was very busy and had to reschedule several times.

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions were about professional expertise, flexibility, leadership and commitment   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merck Serono (Geneva (Switzerland)) in March 2010.

Interview

Rather quick hiring process

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Merck Serono (Geneva (Switzerland)) in September 2009.

Interview

I made the initial approach through an contact and was asked to filled in the online application to "make it official".
    There were 3 interviews with the hiring manager, department director and rHR. HR focused on personality CV related questions while the Manager handled the skills and competency questions. The meeting with the director was more of a general discussion to gauge my fit to the team.
    The atmosphere was friendly and professional. Although the questioning was quite detailed they were quite fair and upfront about what they were looking for.

I got good positive feedback but was not selected for the position as they wanted someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a successful project you worked on.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Merck Serono in April 2009.

Interview

Screening by outside company. Professional interview process.

Accounts Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Merck Serono in November 2008.

Interview

Very strenuous interview process. there is very close scrutinization of dcouments and the person inotder to verify the credentials. But this is all done in the interesof the company. People were very cordial. Office is glamaorous and the work culture excellent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself in terms of your achievements   Answer Question
    • Give five reasons why you would want to join the company   Answer Question