Merck Sharp & Dohme Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.8

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Interview

The whole process took 2.5 months, I applied online. Phone interview with the hiring manager, 4 weeks later they flew me out for the face to face interview. I interviewed with 6 people. The whole thing took 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions regarding my past work experience. Of course the usual STAR format questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It all depends how qualified you are for the job, and how accomplished you are, and how much does the hiring manager want you. I was able to negotiate and they accepted my counter offer.

Pharmaceuticals Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a behaviour-based interview, the hiring manager was very nice, be prepare to give a lot of examples, during the interview they paid attention to your body language, so you have to stay positive and it will be much easier to project your confidence. After the first interview ended i had the next one the same day, it was someone on the phone, it was much more difficult than the face to face one, so i had to give additional examples.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a quick and unexpected decision   Answer Question

Bio-Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme (Durham, NC).

Interview

Interviewed for a contract to hire position. Interview conducted by personnel in the role I was being hired for. Interview was quick with only a discussion about my background and team work abilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for contract, when transferred to permanent staff the negotiation allowed for some room based on manager's approval and review of my skill set.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Interview

Fill out info online, phone interview, face to face interview with different members of management team at least 4people including senior representatives. The interviewers filled out a questionnaire All documents were submitted for transcripts background checks and references as well as medical and drug testing.

Interview Questions

• Present a difficult situation and how you were able to resolve it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Presented a job offer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme (Blue Bell, PA).

Interview

Interviews can range from 1-5 hours, between 1-5 people conducting in a calm and the interviews. The interviews are set up in a detailed, organized manner by Merck Administrative Assistants. They're conducted in a calm and friendly atmosphere.

Negotiation

n/a

Director of Logistics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Interview

Lengthy (+5 weeks) process with poor visibility into managment level structure.

Interview Questions

• How can we influence the supply base to perform to MSD best interest even though the industry is trending against the current need?   1 Answer

Negotiation

One round of negotiations with MSD meeting my request.

Bio-Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme (Durham, NC).

Interview

The interview wasn't bad. I was interviewed by the direct managers I am working under currently as well as a same level employee. Very easygoing fun group.

Negotiation

there wasn't....they offered and when I tried to negotiate they said that is what they offer and that's it

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme (Omaha, NE) in January 2014.

Interview

Sceen interview with multiple interviews after first gate.

Interview Questions

• Conflict Resolution with a peer - How did you resolve?   Answer Question

Staffing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Interview

Merck uses behavorial-based interviewing questions. They are questions based on your past experiences that can help to determine further behavior, therefore giving insight into how you will perform in the position you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Your boss asks you to do something that is unethical. You know that you might be pass over for a promotion if you do not do what you were asked. How do you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. However candidates are able to negotiate. I know this because in my positions are Merck, I was a Staffing Consultant offering positions. Typically I was able to "work with candidates" on this request and offer them a higher salary or other requested benefits.

Interview

I was apart of their future talent program so I applied online during my internship and they had a designated day of interviews. The interviews ran all day long and they consisted of four 30 minute interviews (they were spread out with breaks for lunch), one HR and three managers. The interviewers were extremely nice and it did not feel like an interview. There were the normal behavioral questions that they would ask, but even those felt like normal conversation. Each manager ask one technical question and they don't expect you to know the answer, they just want to see your train of thought.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did not follow the rules in a work place and what were the outcomes   Answer Question