Merck Sharp & Dohme Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Fill out info online, phone interview, face to face interview with different members of management
    team at least 4people including senior representatives. The interviewers filled out a questionnaire
    All documents were submitted for transcripts background checks and references as well as medical and drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • Present a difficult situation and how you were able to resolve it   Answer Question
    Presented a job offer

Bio-Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in May 2012.

Interesting hiring process. First interview consisted of several candidates and a single hiring manager. Typical interview questions were asked. After inital round of questioning some candidates were given an individual interview. Second interview was one on one. After Drug screen and background check certain behavioral questions were asked. Additionally a three hour "competancy" test was given. HR contacted candidates several days later with an offer. Dont try and negotiate for this position it will not work.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to accomplish in the first 90 days in this position.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blue Bell, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Interviews can range from 1-5 hours, between 1-5 people conducting in a calm and the interviews.
    The interviews are set up in a detailed, organized manner by Merck Administrative Assistants. They're conducted in a calm and friendly atmosphere.

n/a

NAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Wales, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Wales, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in June 2010.

A rigorous processs of multiple, face to face, individual and team interviews. Equally rigorous back ground check. Physical exam. This is an extremely thorough process, detailed and exacting. You need to have your act together for each and every phase of the process. You will do well to understand exactly who you will be interved by, what their biases, likes and dislikes are, and be diplomatically saavy during the panel interviews - evryone must give you a thumbs up. Anyone can shoot you down.

Interview Questions
    • I really am unable to remember, it was 20 years ago. Suffice it to say you will be asked all of the typical career questions according to whatever consultants they are working with at the time of your interview.   View Answer
    Because I was uniquely qualified, they were very accomodating. You will need to document and confirm salary history.

Director of Logistics Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Lengthy (+5 weeks) process with poor visibility into managment level structure.

Interview Questions
    • How can we influence the supply base to perform to MSD best interest even though the industry is trending against the current need?   View Answer
    One round of negotiations with MSD meeting my request.

Bio-Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

The interview wasn't bad. I was interviewed by the direct managers I am working under currently as well as a same level employee. Very easygoing fun group.

there wasn't....they offered and when I tried to negotiate they said that is what they offer and that's it

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through other source - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in January 2014.

Sceen interview with multiple interviews after first gate.

Interview Questions
    • Conflict Resolution with a peer - How did you resolve?   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in November 2009.

A Human Resource Manager called me and I went to the charlotte office for the interview. The Hiring Manager explained thoroughly Merck Mission of being life savers and the work you will do does just that.

cut and dry the salary layed before you.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in May 2009.

Very easy, felt very comfortable although a little normal nerves, interviewed with 4 Sr. Managers, I took some letters of recommendations with me and previous accomplishments, resume, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Case study scenario giving me two difficult options and which one I would prioritize -   Answer Question
    In was set prior to my interview with no room for negotiation, but others coming into the company may be able to negotiate based on experience and previous salary history and benefits. It is fair across this industry

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Wales, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Wales, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in April 2009.

One phone interview and one in-person interview with 4-5 different department members

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to think outside of the box. What did you do and what was the end-result.   Answer Question
    Very little room for negotiation

Worked for Merck Sharp & Dohme? Contribute to the Community!