Merck Sharp & Dohme Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Fill out info online, phone interview, face to face interview with different members of management
    team at least 4people including senior representatives. The interviewers filled out a questionnaire
    All documents were submitted for transcripts background checks and references as well as medical and drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • Present a difficult situation and how you were able to resolve it   Answer Question
    Presented a job offer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Interviews can range from 1-5 hours, between 1-5 people conducting in a calm and the interviews.
    The interviews are set up in a detailed, organized manner by Merck Administrative Assistants. They're conducted in a calm and friendly atmosphere.

n/a

Director of Logistics Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Lengthy (+5 weeks) process with poor visibility into managment level structure.

Interview Questions
    • How can we influence the supply base to perform to MSD best interest even though the industry is trending against the current need?   View Answer
    One round of negotiations with MSD meeting my request.

Bio-Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

The interview wasn't bad. I was interviewed by the direct managers I am working under currently as well as a same level employee. Very easygoing fun group.

there wasn't....they offered and when I tried to negotiate they said that is what they offer and that's it

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through other source – interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in January 2014.

Sceen interview with multiple interviews after first gate.

Interview Questions
    • Conflict Resolution with a peer - How did you resolve?   Answer Question

Staffing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Merck uses behavorial-based interviewing questions. They are questions based on your past experiences that can help to determine further behavior, therefore giving insight into how you will perform in the position you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Your boss asks you to do something that is unethical. You know that you might be pass over for a promotion if you do not do what you were asked. How do you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. However candidates are able to negotiate. I know this because in my positions are Merck, I was a Staffing Consultant offering positions. Typically I was able to "work with candidates" on this request and offer them a higher salary or other requested benefits.

Merck Manufacturing Develop Program Interview

I was apart of their future talent program so I applied online during my internship and they had a designated day of interviews.

The interviews ran all day long and they consisted of four 30 minute interviews (they were spread out with breaks for lunch), one HR and three managers. The interviewers were extremely nice and it did not feel like an interview. There were the normal behavioral questions that they would ask, but even those felt like normal conversation.

Each manager ask one technical question and they don't expect you to know the answer, they just want to see your train of thought.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you did not follow the rules in a work place and what were the outcomes   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Seven different interviews with different people

Interview Questions
    • How to handle a situation in which there is no correct answer   View Answer
    The offered a pay and ask for a $10,000 increase.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Internship process is different. I had one contact with HR and one contact with my manager.

Bio-Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in May 2012.

Interesting hiring process. First interview consisted of several candidates and a single hiring manager. Typical interview questions were asked. After inital round of questioning some candidates were given an individual interview. Second interview was one on one. After Drug screen and background check certain behavioral questions were asked. Additionally a three hour "competancy" test was given. HR contacted candidates several days later with an offer. Dont try and negotiate for this position it will not work.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to accomplish in the first 90 days in this position.   Answer Question