Merck Sharp & Dohme

45 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Customer Representative Interview

West Point, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in April 2009.

Interview Details – An HR resource will contact you via email for a phone interview. Then you will be called in for a face-to-face interview with the HR representative and manager. The attitudes were very cordial and pleasant.

Interview Question – They ask you behavioral questions. For example:

1) Give us an example of a situation when you had a tough doctor. How did you handle this barrier?
2) Why do you want this job?
3) Please sell me one of our current products
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation since I had no sales experience.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme.

Interview Details – Internship process is different. I had one contact with HR and one contact with my manager.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Global Command Center Tech Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in May 2009.

Interview Details – The Hiring process start with a recruiter called me to go over my resume, and he asked mainly Behavior interview question (Tell me time when you...etc), and he asked me to fill online application, two weeks later I got a call from HR and want to setup onsite Interview,

Interview Question – Most of the interview types question designed to test your ability to work in team and als to examine your leadership style,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiaion

Manager Interview

Manager
West Point, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in January 2008.

Interview Details – Informed the area head I was interested in the role and got it.

Interview Question – Am I ready to commit years of my life to being treated unfairly on a daily basis?   Answer Question

Bio Process Technician Interview

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in August 2011.

Interview Details – After you submit your resume they send you an email with details for an online assessment. It is a personality test with questions like, "Do you run yellow lights?". If you pass the online assessment they send you an email for an on site assessment which is also computer based. This takes about 3 hours to complete with problem solving questions, IQ questions, mathmatical questions, and judgement questions. If you pass the on site assessment they have you come back for a panel interview where you interview with multiple panels for about 3 more hours. If you pass the on site interviews, you will recieve a phone call and have a phone interview. If you pass all of that they email you the job offer and you have to start the drug screen process, back gorund check, and education check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to resolve a conflict with a manager or emplyee.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were given a project to complete. What were the factors that led to you completing the project on time. Did you suceed or fail?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was an entry level position mostly for recent college grads. No negotiation

Quality Manager Interview

West Point, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in September 2011.

Interview Details – It was the most efficient interview and hiring process I have ever encountered. The 1:1 interview took about a half day with a one-hour teleconference with HR on a separate day. Offer was extended to me a few days later. The key is that they really know what they are looking for to fill the position and don't waste any time on decision making process.

Interview Questions

• Describe my past expereience in dealing with difficult people   Answer Question
  • Give an example of how I design, create and implement a new program (or process) in my current or past positions.   Answer Question

Director Finance Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process are straight forward and generally pretty easy. They are looking for a fit, and sell yourself on your capabilities and the value you can drive in the organization. One simple way to do this is to try to ask what areas are weaknesses and how you can play a role to fix gaps in the organization.

Interview Question – Tell me about your background. What have you done in your past related to this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. This is dependent on each unique situation.

Manager Interview

West Point, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in July 2009.

Interview Details – Be prepared and learn as much about the company as you can

Interview Question – Have you ever been faced with a difficult dilemma in your career and if so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You may be able to negotiate additional weeks vacation if you are offered a mid-career position and coming from another pharmaceutical company

Engineering Intern Interview

West Point, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was only situation questions. And asked me what kind of department I would want to work for. They really like Lean Six Sigma training and work experiences.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you failed to meet expectations and what would you change about that now?"   Answer Question
  • "Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision, how did you choose, and what were the results of your choose?"   Answer Question

Biotechnician I Interview

Lansdale, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Merck Sharp & Dohme in March 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview in January. Was then scheduled for a Skills Test (all Union candidates/employees must pass) in February, which was a computer test that took about 3 hours. Was told the next day that I passed the test and was scheduled for an interview in early March. Went in with 2 other candidates and was given a 30 minute overview about the position and benefits. Then we were each taken to a separate room for a panel interview with 3 people: 2 supervisors and 1 biotechnician. They asked about my resume and then asked behavioral and situational questions. The panel interview lasted about an hour and a half. I was told that I would know by email by the time I got home if I would be put on their "bench list" of people waiting for a position to open. I had thought the interview went well but was surprised to find out they had decided not to put me on the list.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a fellow employee taking a shortcut in a process?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a group.   Answer Question