Merck Interview Questions in Summit, NJ

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Merck.

It took about 1 month for the first interview. Staffs were very friendly.
    It took 1 short phone interview about 1/2 hour. The second phone conversation was about whether I want the job. Once i took the job, the process was transfer to HR who helped with arranging housing and transportation as needed. The whole process was very pleasant and organized.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was about technical questions about the specific instrument that I would be using, but this is expected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

IT Has Tough Interviews Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merck in September 2011.

It was quick since my supervisor knew one of the hiring managers,

Interview Questions
    • Some questions related to my technical fields were tough.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Merck in December 2010.

Campus Hire.

Dropped resume on campus. Interviewed with two people on campus. GOt called back for 2nd rounds at Summit. 6 1:1 interviews and an hour lunch which was a stealth interview.

Be prepared to do marketing cases and to speak about your favorite and least favorite advertising campaigns.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an advertising campaign that you don't like   Answer Question
    They asked me who else i was interviewing with and about any other offers that I had. They beat my competitive offer by $7k.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merck in December 2008.

Give 45 mins presentation and had 5 1:1 interview with VP, Sr. Director, etc.

Training Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merck in November 2007.

I was contacted by HR a few days after I submitted my resume via Career builder. They wanted to setup a phone interview with the HR rep. Once I "passed" the phone interview I was give a date, time and location to meet the hiring manager. I met with the hiring manager for about an hour and she gave me the overview of the department. I was contacted by the HR rep about 2 days later and they offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a project you worked on that wasn't going well. How did it turn out and what role did you play in making it successful?   Answer Question
    No - this was the issue. I was told they would only give me a 15% increase over my current position. I would suggest finding out the position bonus target and market reference value (if they will give you that information). Don't just settle and be sure to include all of your current compensation so you get the salary you deserve.

Worked for Merck? Contribute to the Community!