Merck

2.9

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Pharmaceuticals Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merck in March 2014.

Behavioral questions tell me about a time you had a challenging customer. Tell a time things did not work out like you wanted. tell me about a time you are proud of an accomplishment

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult manager you have had and what did you do   Answer Question

Associate Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Merck in August 2013.

Three 20 minute interviews during super day (interview day for interns). One HR focused, and two technical focused. Technical case study dealt mainly with a reactor and heat transfer scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were really unexpected, fairly generic interview experience   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merck in August 2013.

Through the intern program, they conducted interviews for full time positions for any intern who was interested at their headquarters. They took us in shuttles and served us breakfast at 8 AM. From 9AM to 2PM, I had four 50 min interviews with four different interviewers. It was always one on one, and they were mostly relaxed. Being an intern, I knew two of them from previous events, and they were friendly. The other engineer asked some tough questions and I struggled answering him directly. The last one was HR, and it was very relaxed and only lasted 35 min.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you failed to communicate well with company stockholders.   Answer Question

Associate Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merck.

Had the phone interview first followed by four 1:1 interviews. The on site interview was fairly easy with mostly behavioral questions.

No negotiation

Labor Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merck.

Long process, but generally pretty good. Interviewers went through standard, canned questions and answers, but process was pretty streamlined.

Having been on the other side, interviewing people, I believe that many interviewers came in looking unprofessional and sounding unprepared. Definitely a leg-up if you come in and nail it by impressing with your knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult manager and how you overcame your difficulty.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merck in August 2012.

Phone screen with a Human Resources representative followed by an on-site interview. On-site interview lasted half of a day and involved mostly behavioral based questions. There was an interview with an HR rep followed by multiple 1:1 interviews with members of the team and the hiring manager. Entire process was pretty straight forward...no unexpected events.

Given the nature of the economy right now, there was not much negotiation.

Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Merck in June 2012.

Phone interview by HR. After week face to face interview. After one week job offer. After acceptance around 3 weeks for background check.

Interview Questions
    Accept whatever offer. A good offer.

Central Chemistry Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merck in June 2012.

A merck employee encouraged me to apply. I had a first phone interview with someone who had the position I was applying for, and then a second with the hiring manager, who would be the boss. Both were relatively relaxed interviews, and during the second the hiring manager told me they wanted to have me out for a visit. About a month later I had the interview onsite, I gave a talk and met with ~ 8 people including an HR rep, and various team members I would work with. Most were friendly, and excited about the work they were doing there. Some had serious questions, but nothing that was trying to trip me up.

Environmental Monitor Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merck in April 2012.

Phone-Skills-group

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merck in April 2012.

Applied for position through mercks website. Heard back a month later and took a personality test online at home. I was contacted by HR and set up an interview which was another month after the personality test.

Interview Questions
    • You are a manufacturing supervisor coming on to a new shift and give out assignments to your biotechs. One of the biotechs is very unhappy with their assignment and causes a scene in front of everybody and now your on the spot. Do you change their assignment because they are complaining? How would you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • You see someone taking a shortcut in the clearly defined SOP's . How would you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you had to adapt to change rapidly and explain how you handled it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why Merck?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question