Mercury General

Mercury General Interview Questions

2.6

Marketing Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mercury General.

The recruiter called the day after I applied online. The initial interview was the same week. The 2nd interview was the next week. Then the waiting game began. I followed up after one week. No response till last week with an email with the same canned phrase of no.

QA Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mercury General in November 2013.

After submitting an application on their career page, I was contacted within 3 days to schedule an onsite assessment and interview. The assessment was straightforward and consisted of an Excel test and a multiple choice test regarding QA concepts, both of which were conducted through a testing program. Afterwards, I interviewed with an HR panel and a QA manager-analyst panel, which consisted of behavioral and critical thinking questions. A week later, I was scheduled for a final interview with another QA manager to further discuss the position and why I was interested in it. Two weeks later, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you understand the basics of QA (unit testing, etc.) as well as getting around Excel in general.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mercury General.

If you pass the basic assessment test (which is easy if you have basic math skills and common sense) then getting an interview should be relatively easy. Virtually all of the managers are very friendly and the interview should be very cordial. They mostly want to know how you handle stress, can you stay organized, can you follow directions, and are you able to genuinely interact with people over the phone with a desire to serve them.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know if you can handle stress or if you are going to freak out and quit after a month. Questions can include: Do you take the stress of your job home with you? Have you worked in jobs before where frustrated people would yell at you? What is your best tactic for bring calm to that situation? Are you a perfectionist? How do you handle interruptions during the day? Etc, etc.   Answer Question

Accountant I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mercury General.

Interview, then another with hiring manager, background check, then start

Mercury Claims Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mercury General in February 2013.

I came into the office and pick up the phone to let HR know I was there. I waited about 10 minutes and then was greeted by a HR person. I was taken in a back room and given a test. The test is timed for one hour. The test is a combination personality, Math and English skills. The math questions were like word problems. I came back in the room after the test and pick up the phone to let HR know I was done. I waited another 5 minutes and HR called me in. She stated I pass the test and started to interview me. She ask the basic interview questions-How did I hear about the job?-My best qualities and my wrost-She wanted an example of dealing with an upset customer. She then stated she would have me interview by the supervisors. I went back to the waiting room for about five minutes. I was called in to interview with three supervisors. There was one supervisor asking me the questions while the other two listened. The supervisor has me the same questions as HR. She explain the position is a stress job and I would be at my desk ninty percent of the time. Training would take six weeks. I then thanks everyone and l was escorted by one of the supervisors to the door.

Interview Questions
    • Given an example of a time you had to deal with a diffcult customer and what was the result of the actions taken?   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mercury General.

There was an assessment and an interview immediately after.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Mercury Insurance?   View Answer

Total Loss Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Mercury General.

Was contacted to come in for an assessment and an in person interview. For the assessment, they put me in a small room and I finished it on a computer. It contained basic math skills, problem solving skills, and some personality questions. Nothing too complicated. After that, my first in person meeting was with a lady in Human Resources. When that was done, I interviewed with a supervisor in the total loss department.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember specific questions, but the HR interview contained behavioral questions. Things like questions to get to know my personality type, and what would you do in this situation, or how would you handle such and such? The interview with the total loss supervisor was more about my previous work experience and discussing that. Nice lady and it was very casual and fun. I knew I had the job before I even left.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate on anything. The pay was good & it was five minutes from my home, so I was happy.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mercury General in January 2012.

Two interviews. First time with head quarter in LA and then with Mercury insurance in OKC.

Casualty Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Mercury General in April 2010.

You will sit with the manager and at least one supervisor and it will be a round table discussion about yourself, why your are a good candidate, then situation question: What would you do if. . .

Interview Questions
    • #1. How do you picture a normal day here? Give me the details of what you would do and how you would prioritize it.   Answer Question
    The norm

IT Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mercury General in April 2009.

This was the strangest interview ever. I met with three senior IT executives that had no concept of purchasing. The person this position reports to stammered his way through the questions and had no answers for the simple questions I'd asked...why is position vacant? what are the immediate and long range goals? Are savings measured? What are the targets for cost reduction? One of them said "are you the good cop or bad cop?" and that was about it. Hmmm.

Interview Questions

I could tell that it would be an uphill battle. No thanks. Seemed like they were ready to get argumentative should anyone want to bring improvements to their broken processes.