Mercury General Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mercury General in June 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position on line. Received a call setting up an initial interview about 7 days after submitted my resume, interview was scheduled 5 days later. Initial interview lasted about 30 minutes. We had a very good exchange of information, covering my background, qualifications, and things i would bring to the table should I get selected for the position. I asked about the culture, and how the interviewer liked working for the company and was given great feedback. Interviewer explained that he was interviewing a number of other candidates and would call me back if there was interest in advancing the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a couple of successful initiatives you implemented for previous employer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mercury General in April 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiter and he interviewed me then met hiring manager, he just went over the what the job does and was very calm and laid back and personal. After interviewing I was called back the same day to do assessment test online.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mercury General (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted the applicable documents online, heard back within the week from an HR lady who took my over the phone interview. From there it took a couple days to hear back but they offered me an in person interview. I was in there for maybe an hour with a manager and a supervisor. I was then offered the job after about a week once they completed my background check

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and what do you know about Mercury?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mercury General.

Interview

The recruiter called the day after I applied online. The initial interview was the same week. The 2nd interview was the next week. Then the waiting game began. I followed up after one week. No response till last week with an email with the same canned phrase of no.

QA Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mercury General (Brea, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

After submitting an application on their career page, I was contacted within 3 days to schedule an onsite assessment and interview. The assessment was straightforward and consisted of an Excel test and a multiple choice test regarding QA concepts, both of which were conducted through a testing program. Afterwards, I interviewed with an HR panel and a QA manager-analyst panel, which consisted of behavioral and critical thinking questions. A week later, I was scheduled for a final interview with another QA manager to further discuss the position and why I was interested in it. Two weeks later, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you understand the basics of QA (unit testing, etc.) as well as getting around Excel in general.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mercury General.

Interview

If you pass the basic assessment test (which is easy if you have basic math skills and common sense) then getting an interview should be relatively easy. Virtually all of the managers are very friendly and the interview should be very cordial. They mostly want to know how you handle stress, can you stay organized, can you follow directions, and are you able to genuinely interact with people over the phone with a desire to serve them.

Interview Questions

• They want to know if you can handle stress or if you are going to freak out and quit after a month. Questions can include: Do you take the stress of your job home with you? Have you worked in jobs before where frustrated people would yell at you? What is your best tactic for bring calm to that situation? Are you a perfectionist? How do you handle interruptions during the day? Etc, etc.   Answer Question

Accountant I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mercury General.

Interview

Interview, then another with hiring manager, background check, then start

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mercury General in February 2013.

Interview

I came into the office and pick up the phone to let HR know I was there. I waited about 10 minutes and then was greeted by a HR person. I was taken in a back room and given a test. The test is timed for one hour. The test is a combination personality, Math and English skills. The math questions were like word problems. I came back in the room after the test and pick up the phone to let HR know I was done. I waited another 5 minutes and HR called me in. She stated I pass the test and started to interview me. She ask the basic interview questions-How did I hear about the job?-My best qualities and my wrost-She wanted an example of dealing with an upset customer. She then stated she would have me interview by the supervisors. I went back to the waiting room for about five minutes. I was called in to interview with three supervisors. There was one supervisor asking me the questions while the other two listened. The supervisor has me the same questions as HR. She explain the position is a stress job and I would be at my desk ninty percent of the time. Training would take six weeks. I then thanks everyone and l was escorted by one of the supervisors to the door.

Interview Questions

• Given an example of a time you had to deal with a diffcult customer and what was the result of the actions taken?   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mercury General (Brea, CA).

Interview

There was an assessment and an interview immediately after.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mercury Insurance?   1 Answer

Total Loss Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mercury General (Rancho Cucamonga, CA).

Interview

Was contacted to come in for an assessment and an in person interview. For the assessment, they put me in a small room and I finished it on a computer. It contained basic math skills, problem solving skills, and some personality questions. Nothing too complicated. After that, my first in person meeting was with a lady in Human Resources. When that was done, I interviewed with a supervisor in the total loss department.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember specific questions, but the HR interview contained behavioral questions. Things like questions to get to know my personality type, and what would you do in this situation, or how would you handle such and such? The interview with the total loss supervisor was more about my previous work experience and discussing that. Nice lady and it was very casual and fun. I knew I had the job before I even left.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate on anything. The pay was good & it was five minutes from my home, so I was happy.