Mercury Payment Systems

Very Easy Interview

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager
Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Mercury Payment Systems.

Interview Details – I had a phone screening interview with a recruiter. She asked me to walk her through my resume and then explained the position to be - after an implementation manager sets up a large national account, the National Account Manager would work with them as their main point of contact. I asked many questions, however she wasn't very familiar with the role, so I didn't gather much information or insight. I haven't heard from her since, she hasn't returned emails or calls. Base Pay: $50-60K + commissions, no bonuses.

Interview Question – None, she only asked me to walk her through my resume   Answer Question

Software Developer & Database Administrator Interview

Software Developer & Database Administrator
Durango, CO

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Mercury Payment Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact and interview was via telephone with general IT questions regarding experience in applications and a few "what did you do in this type of situation" questions. Very relaxed and interviewer was professional and appeared knowledgeable.

Interview Question – Not a difficult question - but relating to database performance issues and indexing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Mercury states the price and to have the opportunity to live and play in the area, general very low salaries in Durango for IT - everyone takes what is offered.

IT Support Technician I Interview

IT Support Technician I
Durango, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mercury Payment Systems.

Interview Details – applied for job online. The HR hiring guy reached out to me, setup an interview. The HR guy called me back later and offered me the job. I had lots of paperwork to fill out and non compete contracts and such.

Interview Question – No difficult questions where asked at either team interview or interview with manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much of one.

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

Interview Details – Straight forward and relatively relaxed. Applied online, quick 15 minute phone interview followed by hour long in person with hiring manager. Offer was a bit below and had to negotiate higher. Interview itself was straight forward typical sales job interview.

Interview Question – Sell me a red pen when all I want is a blue one   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Very Difficult Interview

Inbound Customer Support Interview

Inbound Customer Support
Durango, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mercury Payment Systems.

Interview Details – First you submit an application and resume, then they call you about a month later... Then you have a phone interview, a week or two later a in house interview with a math and computer test.. And personality essay... Then a week or so later they call and tell you if you got the job or not. If you did then you won't start until the next new hire orientation, which is only done once a month! So it can be a long time before you are actually hired!

Interview Question – Every question is really out in left field, hardest interview I have ever done!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation! Everyone is replaceable!!

Sales Operations Coordinator Interview

Sales Operations Coordinator
Durango, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mercury Payment Systems.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of phone interview with recruiter, group/panel interview, and finally a submission of a basic Math test (un-timed and consisting mostly of multiple choice) and a 2 paragraph essay using Microsoft Word to demonstrate basic computer skills/knowledge and the ability to follow directions. The recruiter from Denver as well as the interviewers on the panel were all very friendly and relaxed which helps the interviewee feel more at ease. The phone interview is initiated first from the recruiter to determine if you are at least a potential fit for the company and worth continuing on in the process with. If selected to continue, a group/panel interview will be set up usually the following week sometime. The group/panel interview involved two sales managers from Mercury asking a series of questions in scenario type format and looking for examples from actual situations you have been involved in and how you reacted or responded. The phone interview contained a few of these type of questions as well. Each of the two interviews lasted about an hour each. Everyone was very professional in the process and although it does take time to get through the process, it never feels like they are "stringing you along" like with some processes I've been through that has taken similar time. The recruiter remained very accessible the entire time and was always very good about getting back to me with updates during the process whether it was by phone or email. One thing to remember, especially going for a Sales position is the importance of follow-up! Follow up via email after each interview via email with each person involved thanking them for their time and consideration and why you think you would be a good fit for the position! I cannot stress this enough! I even sent emails out to the interviewers the morning of the interview, hours before to thank them for the opportunity and let them know I was looking forward to today's interview at 2pm for example. This lets them know that this interview is at the top of your priority list and you are ready and thinking about it from the time you wake up! Doing this will also keep your name and eagerness fresh in the minds of everyone involved!

Interview Questions

• We have all made mistakes in our life. Share a mistake you have made in your life.   View Answer
  • What are three work related values that you have?   Answer Question
  • How do you prepare for a sales call?   Answer Question
  • What is your favorite part and least favorite part of the sales process?   Answer Question
  • What are three things your current employer would say about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't go through much of a negotiation phase. I didn't try to negotiate much of anything in that I felt the offer was fair.

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mercury Payment Systems in November 2011.

Interview Details – Had initial conversations with HR folks. This led to a phone interview with two folks. Was brought in for a group interview. Offer was made for a lower position.

Interview Question – Do you code outside of work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was only able to negotiate extra vacation.

Channel Manager Interview

Channel Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mercury Payment Systems in October 2009.

Interview Details – HR was slow. I had actually written the company off as a loss when I got a call from HR telling me that I would have an offer soon. After that things moved along adequately.

Interview Question – I don't remember. None of the questions seemed very difficult to me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I couldn't negotiate vacation and looking back, that should have been a key factor. Mercury works you on a lot of weekends and gives very few holidays compared to just about any other company. Two weeks vacation is definately not enough for this job. You will work half of that as well.

They told me the comp plan early in the interview process, then low-balled me when the offer came. I was able to get the comp back up to the original budget. I'm not sure the same comp plan is available to newer hires. I do know tha the bonus is much less than what they tell you in the interview process. They will tell you that you can make $80-$100k with your bonus, but that is highly unrealistic. I would plan on about $500-$1000 per month in gross bonus and it is likely that your sales target (leads) will be changed mid-month if you hit your previous months target goal.

Worked for Mercury Payment Systems? Contribute to the Community!