Mercy College Interview Questions in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.8

PACT Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy College (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Went to the main campus. Interviewed with two Assistants and then two Directors. The Assistants stuck to the script and asked the questions on their list. They were very direct and stern. Waited for about a half an hour for the interview with the Directors which was more conversational and genuine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What is a project that you completed that you are proud about? A higher education trend that you are passionate about? What are the top needs for first generation college students? A time when you had a disagreement with your co-workers or working a part of a team How much are you looking for as a salary? ..job pays 35,000 are you ok with that?   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercy College (Dobbs Ferry, NY).

Interview

No assistance with travel to and from the on-campus interview. No offer to cover *any* costs, no pick-up at the entrance or escort to the exit, not even a map to assist with directions. All interview-related payment & planning done entirely by me, the candidate.

Interview Questions

• During the brief interview with the Dean, she asked me directly about my salary expectations. Although money was not what I had intended to discuss, I answered with my best estimate of the average academic salary in my field. Her response? "We can't afford you."   1 Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy College (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Very easy, i was actually hired before the interview based on credentials. The interview was more about getting to know me a little. I think they want to find out if you are too crazy to do the job, or flakey and might leave. Since adjunct professors are somewhat disposable, I think there selection is more based on your reference letters than anything else.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercy College (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Human Resources Dept. had no idea this position needed filling; online application form was an illogical, antiquated nightmare, suitable only for those who stayed in the same job or same kind of job for years at a time--like in the 1950s! There was no way to include other kinds of information, & they won't accept paper. Submitting CV to them was useless. I contacted academic departments directly & got 3 positive responses! Interviewed on Friday, started teaching Tuesday, with not enough information.

Negotiation

No negotiation. The position pays $2000. (Interviewer even acknowledged that the pay was "insulting!!)

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercy College (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume, and got a call. Initial interview conducted over the phone. Follow-up interview with dean was face to face.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard pay rate.

Admissions Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I interviewed at Mercy College (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Sent the application and got called after one week for a 2-to-1 interview. They wanted to make sure I was an outgoing and well spoken person, and whether I would have been able to provide detailed and accurate information to students and establish a strong bond with them.

Interview Questions

• The questions I was asked were behavioral and not technical. Overall the interview process was easy.   Answer Question