Mercy College Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2014
Updated Jun 26, 2014

Admissions Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

interviewed at Mercy College in July 2012.

Sent the application and got called after one week for a 2-to-1 interview. They wanted to make sure I was an outgoing and well spoken person, and whether I would have been able to provide detailed and accurate information to students and establish a strong bond with them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions I was asked were behavioral and not technical. Overall the interview process was easy.   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mercy College in August 2012.

Submitted resume, and got a call. Initial interview conducted over the phone. Follow-up interview with dean was face to face.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Standard pay rate.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mercy College in September 2013.

Human Resources Dept. had no idea this position needed filling; online application form was an illogical, antiquated nightmare, suitable only for those who stayed in the same job or same kind of job for years at a time--like in the 1950s! There was no way to include other kinds of information, & they won't accept paper. Submitting CV to them was useless. I contacted academic departments directly & got 3 positive responses! Interviewed on Friday, started teaching Tuesday, with not enough information.

No negotiation. The position pays $2000. (Interviewer even acknowledged that the pay was "insulting!!)

Graduate Student In Physician Assistant Program Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Mercy College in February 2012.

This was for entrance into graduate program. Questions asked consisted of why is this school your choice, what about you leads you to believe you will achieve your goal. What are some of your weaknesses? What are some of your strengths? Then at the end, they ask you to choose characteristic traits that a person should have in order to suceed in this program, and they ask you to present your ideas.

Interview Questions
    • From a list of characterisitc traits, pick three that you feel are essential in order to succeed in this program, and tell us why you chose those traits.   Answer Question

Worked for Mercy College? Contribute to the Community!