Mercy College Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

3.2

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mercy College.

Interview

HR scheduled my first interview incorrectly and had to cancel day before, which I took off from work for. Never left voicemail for me about this. Had to call the morn of. Interviewer seemed very unorganized, disrespectful, and unprofessional. I declined the offer after researching on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• My experience in the field, one character quality I would use to describe myself, etc   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mercy College (Dobbs Ferry, NY).

Interview

No assistance with travel to and from the on-campus interview. No offer to cover *any* costs, no pick-up at the entrance or escort to the exit, not even a map to assist with directions. All interview-related payment & planning done entirely by me, the candidate.

Interview Questions

• During the brief interview with the Dean, she asked me directly about my salary expectations. Although money was not what I had intended to discuss, I answered with my best estimate of the average academic salary in my field. Her response? "We can't afford you."   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mercy College (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Human Resources Dept. had no idea this position needed filling; online application form was an illogical, antiquated nightmare, suitable only for those who stayed in the same job or same kind of job for years at a time--like in the 1950s! There was no way to include other kinds of information, & they won't accept paper. Submitting CV to them was useless. I contacted academic departments directly & got 3 positive responses! Interviewed on Friday, started teaching Tuesday, with not enough information.

Negotiation

No negotiation. The position pays $2000. (Interviewer even acknowledged that the pay was "insulting!!)

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mercy College (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume, and got a call. Initial interview conducted over the phone. Follow-up interview with dean was face to face.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard pay rate.

Admissions Recruiter Interview

Application

interviewed at Mercy College (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Sent the application and got called after one week for a 2-to-1 interview. They wanted to make sure I was an outgoing and well spoken person, and whether I would have been able to provide detailed and accurate information to students and establish a strong bond with them.

Interview Questions

• The questions I was asked were behavioral and not technical. Overall the interview process was easy.   Answer Question

Graduate Student In Physician Assistant Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mercy College in February 2012.

Interview

This was for entrance into graduate program. Questions asked consisted of why is this school your choice, what about you leads you to believe you will achieve your goal. What are some of your weaknesses? What are some of your strengths? Then at the end, they ask you to choose characteristic traits that a person should have in order to suceed in this program, and they ask you to present your ideas.

Interview Questions

• From a list of characterisitc traits, pick three that you feel are essential in order to succeed in this program, and tell us why you chose those traits.   Answer Question