Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Mercy Health System
- Registered Nurse (2)
- Reception (1)
- Technician (1)
- Manager (1)
- Patient Registration (1)
- Therapy Manager (1)
- Patient Regitration (1)
- RN for Interventional Radiology (1)
- Service Manager Aged Care (1)
- Patient Liaison (1)
- Clinical Research Coordinator (1)
- Nursing (1)
- Administrative (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Emergency Room Technician (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Mercy Health System (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.
The interview process was fairly easy. There was a phone screening to ask the qualifying questions and I was asked to come in for a 1 on 1. During the 1 on 1 I was first interviewed by someone in HR and afterwards I interviewed with the supervisor of the ER. The questions were straight to the point.
- Describe a time when you came across an irate patient and how did you handle it. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Mercy Health System (Norristown, PA) in October 2013.
Interviewed with manager and staff member together. Spent most of the time explaining their department. Wanted to know how I would handle a physician yelling at me during a case. Also wanted to know how I would deal with a peer that had a conflict with me or I had with them. Toured the department, the ICU, met several of the physicians that worked there. Was told they had several more candidates to interview and would make decision in about 2-3 wks. I called HR in about 3+ wks to see if they had made a decision or filled the position. She didn't know! She was the Head of HR, she said she would check with the manager and have her get in touch with me. She didn't. I e-mailed the manager to see where things stood and if she needed anything else, never heard back. Very unprofessional and lacked "class." Wouldn't work for that organization or recommend it.
- HR representative wanted to know what problematic situations I had in the past with either staff, physicians, patients, or families 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Mercy Health System (Conshohocken, PA) in January 2012.
Brief and to the point....pretty much "do you have a current license or certification?" Pleasant staff, professional and welcoming atmosphere. H.R. representative and interviewing Manager were respectful of time; they arrived on time and did not drag out the interview process at all.
- 1. Do you work well with others that may often be quite demanding? 2 .Are you a critical thinker and do you feel confident in making important decisions on a moments notice? 3. How are you under pressure? 1 Answer