Mercy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.6

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Slow, had trouble finding the application. Had to call the manager of the department several times so that he could get in touch with them and figure out what happened to the application, once they did find it they still did not contact the manager, the manager had to call them because they didn't have time.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about prayer at work   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercy.

Interview

I applied online. After few weeks I received the call from HR manager for first round of telephonic screening interview. Questions asked: Tell me about myself? Regular HR questions

Patient Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mercy (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

1st call for interview then will be called back for second interview, You will be asked a series of questions that they get off line through Mercy. They will let you know if you have job through e mail.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   1 Answer

Pca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercy (Springfield, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

I thought it went as well as I could have expected it to go. I was asked questions related to patient care and my experience in the field. None of the questions were unrelated to the position I was applying for, nor were they difficult to answer. My interviewers were polite and courteous, and they were easy to talk to and seemed to be people I could get along well with. I was nervous at first, but that went away once I was actually in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went against policy to do what is best for the patient. Why do you believe this course of action would provide the best outcome?   Answer Question

I received an offer for different position more closely related to the field in which my college degree is in.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercy (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

Was really wierd; no nursing questions, very little details about the job. Was called back that day and told I could have the job! Salary had not even been mentioned. I said I would think about it and get back to her. I ended up taking it, I knew some about the job prior to applying.

Interview Questions

• There were so few questions asked of me that I really cannot remember any right now.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The manager was staunch on the salary.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercy (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Very long, several-part questions. Gave details of job description . Hours and days expected to work. How transfer from department works. If travel required and how to get reimbursed. Also went through benefits offered. Allowed time for questions and didn't make me feel rushed. Offered phone number to call if any additional questions.

Interview Questions

• Would i be wiiling to respect the prayer offering at start of meetings.   Answer Question

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

A one-on-one with the Executive Director, followed by a panel interview that included HR and Ethics personnel. From application submission to final interview, the selection process took about 5 weeks. Interviews were approximately one hour in length and involved multiple scripted questions that were asked of all candidates. Approximately 1 week after the final interview a decision was made and announced.

Interview Questions

• What leadership qualities to do you feel you bring to this position that would make you successful?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mercy.

Interview

Applied online. Admin assistant for department called to set up interview for a Friday. Recieved a call for a second interview the following Monday. Interviewed with VP on Friday and was offered the job the next Monday. Initial application was submitted about a month before I heard anything, but once the ball was rolling things moved quickly.

Nursing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mercy (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

They asked basic questions to get to know you and how you may function as well as what your interests were. The only thing I didn't appreciate was once they knew the distance of where I lived, it seemed like everything we had talked about and all of my qualifications just flew out the door. It's sad to think that my address is what affected my chances of landing the job. If the commute was a problem for me, I obviously wouldn't have applied for the position to start with. You would think it would make a difference when I said that I am willing to relocate, apparently I was sorely mistaken. Also, I wish any type of feedback would be given to allow you the chance to improve or at least an explanation to why you were rejected. Oh well, the hunt continues.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercy in April 2015.

Interview

Consisted of a phone screening for "cultural fit" and other basic behavioral questions. Two people on the call, very personable. Made the process feel much less robotic than other phone interviews in the past. Next was an in-person interview which was again, very personable. Casual conversation to discuss experience, expectation, etc. This was an interview for an intern position, so it was admittedly less intensive than one would be for a full-time position.

Interview Questions

• A time you have encountered a struggle with diversity. (very diverse organization, but with codified Christian values)   Answer Question