Meredith Corporation Interview Questions

2.7

FashionAt Fitness Magazine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meredith Corporation in July 2014.

Applied through ed2010.com. Received an email the next day from the fashion assistant to come in for an interview. Interviewed the following week, but never heard back. I thought the interview went well, so I assume they went with someone with more experience (I don't have any fashion experience).

Security Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Meredith Corporation in August 2014.

I received an email from a recruiter, then I spoke with the recruiter and she sent my resume to Meredith. I was called for an interview with the CISO. It was 2 hours interview, one hour with the CISO and another one with the team.

Account Director Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Meredith Corporation.

The interview process can take a very long time. As a public company, positions may sit or be on hold. Be prepared for extra time from initial recruiting to offer.

Interview Questions
    Ask for extra up front and be prepared to negotiate package along with benefits.

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Meredith Corporation in May 2014.

Interview and process was very friendly and laid back. I got along very well with the team. A few days later I was told that they wanted to bring me on. I was told the historical pay for the position, in a way that suggested I ask for more. When I attempted to negotiate, they said they would get back to me when the HR Manager responsible for payroll decisions was back in the office. We set a time for a call to discuss, which I never received. My interviewer dodged all calls, voicemails and emails that I sent. I never heard back. For such a big corporation, this behavior is unacceptable.

This is a difficult question to answer, given the circumstances mentioned above.

Senior Digital Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Meredith Corporation.

There was only one interview, but I was only applying for a 6 month contract position.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any unexpected question. They aren't trying to trick you, they just want to know if you have the right knowledge for the job.   Answer Question

Assistant to the Editor-in-Chief of MORE Magazine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Meredith Corporation in March 2014.

Was forwarded the EIC's public Facebook post regarding her search for a new assistant. I emailed her my resume and cover letter, and was contacted by the assistant that was being replaced to set up an interview the following week. I interviewed in the EIC's office with the assistant but never saw the EIC. Assistant was very nice, asked standard questions, and was encouraging. We got along great but she was leaving a month earlier than I was able to start, so I knew in the interview that it wasn't going to work out. I (female) wore a fitted black suit and felt really overdressed compared to the business casual attire of everyone else I saw.

Interview Questions
    • She told me that the EIC once had an assistant who sent her pregnant, in December, to the wrong restaurant--I think just to watch for my reaction?   Answer Question

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Meredith Corporation in March 2014.

Contacted 3 business days after my online application, had technical interview 2 days after first contact ( soonest opening i had in my schedule). Called back the day after my technical interview and was scheduled for a series of three separate 1 hr interviews with various company managers. Technical interview was with the assistant maintenance chief and the actual chief of maintenance. Very straight forward, gathering level of knowledge. Very polite. The series of 3 interviews were very comfortable, everyone was very laid back and asked questions based on prior job experiences and how situations were handled.

Interview Questions
    • How do you terminate an analog video signal.   View Answer
    No, union job with set scale based on experience.

National Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meredith Corporation in November 2010.

I new the hiring manager and we had more of a conversation then a traditional interview

They came in low and I was able to negotiate up

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meredith Corporation.

Normal hiring/interview process. HR phone interview and then interview with hiring manager. Design position, which includes portfolio review and usually design test.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty normal questions about background and abilities. Don't remember anything difficult. It is a design position, so mostly look at portfolio.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation on salary or extra benefits. Take it or leave it.

E-Commerce Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Meredith Corporation in August 2010.

End-to-end the whole process was 4+ weeks. Requested a background check. Initially called in to interview consisting of meeting the human resources manager for the division the position, then followed by a Manager with the division. 2-3 weeks passed, called in for another interview with a different manager. Ultimately, no offer. It seems like I made it to a "2nd Round", but I'm not entirely sure.

Interview Questions
    • if I recall correctly, they're weren't necessary a difficult question, I believe a lot of the questioning intended to gauge how you would fit in the culture.   Answer Question

Worked for Meredith Corporation? Contribute to the Community!