Meredith Corporation Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

FashionAt Fitness Magazine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meredith Corporation in July 2014.

Applied through ed2010.com. Received an email the next day from the fashion assistant to come in for an interview. Interviewed the following week, but never heard back. I thought the interview went well, so I assume they went with someone with more experience (I don't have any fashion experience).

Assistant to the Editor-in-Chief of MORE Magazine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meredith Corporation in March 2014.

Was forwarded the EIC's public Facebook post regarding her search for a new assistant. I emailed her my resume and cover letter, and was contacted by the assistant that was being replaced to set up an interview the following week. I interviewed in the EIC's office with the assistant but never saw the EIC. Assistant was very nice, asked standard questions, and was encouraging. We got along great but she was leaving a month earlier than I was able to start, so I knew in the interview that it wasn't going to work out. I (female) wore a fitted black suit and felt really overdressed compared to the business casual attire of everyone else I saw.

Interview Questions
    • She told me that the EIC once had an assistant who sent her pregnant, in December, to the wrong restaurant--I think just to watch for my reaction?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meredith Corporation in June 2013.

I applied for the position online and didn't receive an email until a few weeks later to ask me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with one woman for maybe twenty minutes before sending me on to interview with another woman. Everyone at the office seemed very friendly and both women I interviewed with were friendly and easy going and seemed genuinely interested in me.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were straight forward. Interview was kept conversational and was mostly focused on my resume. No difficult quesitons   Answer Question

Direct Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Meredith Corporation in December 2012.

Applied online through campus recruiting and then had a phone interview. In-person interview when I was in NYC (was applying from out of state). The woman who interviewed was very kind and explained that she needed someone with specialized experience. I asked why she had me come in for the second interview (considering my obvious lack of direct marketing experience) and she said she liked me and was hoping to find something relevant to direct marketing in my background. I am wondering why the job was posted on a college career database if they were not really looking for entry level candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a project that was your resposibility that reaped returns for a company or organization (raising money for a charity, sales, etc.? How much money exactly?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meredith Corporation in June 2011.

I met with HR and then higher level executives at Fitness Magazine. I also met with an employee a year older than myself, and she explained a lot about the company from my point of view. However, after the interview I found out that they were in a hiring freeze and could only offer me a temp position and that the job I had interviewed for couldn't be filled so I would have to come in and interview for a different role, still temp.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for a magazine publishing company?   Answer Question

Freelance Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meredith Corporation in October 2010.

Hiring Manager emailed me first. Then we talked on the phone and set up an in-person meeting with her and the head of the group via several emails. We to discuss the project in greater details. Everyone from the security guards to reception were all very courteous and professional.

My sense is that, this company respects its people and has a good work/life balance.

Interview Questions
    • What's your experience with these types of projects?   View Answer
    They are the nicest, most reasonable people. The negotiation was a totally pleasant experience. My advice would be to go in knowing what your bottom line is and what the rates are for that particular industry.

I felt I was treated very fairly.

Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meredith Corporation in March 2008.

Interviewed with several editors and HR.

TOugh negotiation salary wise

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meredith Corporation in February 2008.

Connected with a former employer and met with the management team as well as Human Resources. Came back in and presented to management team. Received job offer within 2 weeks of first meeting.

Interview Questions
    I asked for a 10% increase from my current position and a fair commission package.