Merge Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.7

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Merge Healthcare.

Interview

The process took forever to the tune of 3 months. I applied online. I got a call 3 weeks later. I spoke with an executive for an hour. Three weeks later, I spoke to 2 more executives for hours. I reached out to the recruiter was told that I was still being considered for the role. I reached out again and was told that I was no longer considered. Why drag a person through 3 months of phone interviews and wishy washy answers? Speaks volumes of how this company may handle business.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected. One interviewer had no clue about the role, so I'm not sure how someone could interview a candidate, yet know nothing about the role. That was difficult.   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Merge Healthcare in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted in a few days from the HR recruiter. A week later I had three phone interviews that all seemed to go well. They scheduled an in person interview with three of the VP's and the recruiter. I was told that they were very interested in me and I would hear back in a few days. Two weeks later, after contacting the recruiter twice I was sent an email saying thanks, but no thanks. The entire process took about 6 wks. They never discussed salary or benefits.

Interview Questions

• Questions not very difficult, tell me about yourself, and what are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merge Healthcare (Morrisville, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

A phone screening, a phone interview, then in person interview. The IT team introduced themselves and then gave me time to introduce myself and go over my resume. Next was technical evaluation. A series of questions of varying difficulty to evaluate my knowledge and experience. After that the IT Manager showed me around the office.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your more challenging tasks and explain how you completed it.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merge Healthcare in February 2014.

Interview

Standard phone interview was done by HR out of Chicago office. She mostly just explained what Merge does and a little about the role. She didn't even know if the role had on-call expectations when I asked. She did not ask me many questions and seemed to talk the whole time. At the end, she did ask how much I made and then explained that the offer would likely be at least $10,000 less per year than I make now. She asked if this would be an issue and I should have taken that as the first red flag. HR then scheduled my on-site interview at the Hartland office. Everyone there was really nice and gave realistic expectations about the role and work load. I felt a little uneasy that they described some of the people on the team as lazy. They said, you can tell who the hard workers are and the ones that just get by. (Not really the type of team I want to join). They seemed to like my experience thus far and it was nice to hear all of the advancement opportunities available. At the end of my interview I was told that I should hear back no later than 1 to 2 weeks. He said that if I didn't hear back from HR in 1 week to send them a quick e-mail asking for the status. I waited 2 weeks anyways and asked for an update. I was just given "more information will be coming soon about feedback and next steps." I waited 8 more days and then sent another e-mail stating that I received an offer from another company that I would likely be accepting in the next day or 2. I asked if they were planning on extending an offer to me and that if they were, I could postpone my decision making process. She said that yes, they were planning on giving me an offer and then asked how much the offer was for that I already received from the other company. I wrote back that I wasn't comfortable giving that information and was basically just told to have a nice day and good luck on the future!

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Merge Healthcare.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from HR/Recruiter within three weeks. She gave me a whole spiel about how she would be my only contact and everything would go through her. Totally unresponsive to email follow up and questions as to status. Finally, just gave up because I couldn't get a straight answer, after three separate phone/Skype interviews, as to what they wanted to do. When will HR/Recruiters learn that the interview process goes both ways? Had I received an offer, I would have turned it down after my experience. If that is how they treat somebody who isn't an employee, who knows how they treat somebody that is.

Manager of Billing and Collections Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merge Healthcare.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed up by live interview with VP of Finance. Further follow up with VP of Finance and CFO (separately). Very thorough process as they were keyed in exactly what they needed and wanted in a candidate.

The depth and quality of the questions from the VP of Finance, along with a frank interview with the CFO were big pluses in my decision to join the company.

Interview Questions

• How will you establish yourself as a positive change agent in a dynamic environment?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by interview with two senior software engineers, followed by on-site

It was pretty straightforward. Questions were mostly related to past work experience.

But the disappointing part was they never bothered to follow through the next steps. Its been more than 2 months and I haven't heard back from them even when the recruiter said they will definitely respond. They should value candidates time with some response.

Technical Support Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Merge Healthcare (Daytona Beach, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Monday interview. Dress code casual on their part. 4 interviewers 30 minutes each. All were friendly. Not a diverse office in my observation. No offer tended or salary discussed. Was not stressful at all.

Interview Questions

• What is your SQL server experience. Are you familiar with MS IIS (desktop client to internet?)   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merge Healthcare (Daytona Beach, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied April 2013 and waited 2 weeks for a response that lead to an interview. 4 weeks later HR called with offer. Benefits somewhat OK but really not good at all. During initial days no information was volunteered and had to be the one to ask all the questions. Not enough communication to guide a new recruit.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult which was a little unusual for an entry level PACS position. Just a review of my previous experiences as expected out of a technical interview minus the technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed. Offered lower than discussed during interview.

Technical Support Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merge Healthcare (Hartland, WI) in December 2012.

Interview

HR called to schedule an initial phone interview. and after going through that an onsite interview was scheduled with 4 people - the hiring manager, 2 other managers, and a director. Interviews were one-on-one and back-to-back
    Interviews went rather well, from my experience - but I never heard any response; even after sending in thank you emails and asking HR via email for some feedback.
    So the process seemed to go quite professionally but it is always disappointing to never get even a let down response.