Merial

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Merial.

Interview Details – Was contacted by HR for phone screen. Then had face to face the next week. Face to face interviews were 2 interviews with 2 people in each interview.

Interview Question – What do you say to a veterinarian that is upset about Frontline being sold at Wal-Mart?   Answer Question

Senior ManagerScientist III Interview

Senior ManagerScientist III
North Brunswick, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Merial in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very tedious interview process. Felt like some of the people did not know what they were talking about. They could easily be taken off the interviewer list. Not very inteligent or scientific questions. Some of the questions were stupid, may be intended to see if there is a good cultural fit with the company

Interview Question – what the most difficult problem that you have solved?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not get a warm fuzzy feeling during the interview. I did not feel that this would be a good place for me to grow with the company. It felt like they were more concerned about their growth not the employee's growth and there did not seem to be respect for the employee.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Duluth, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Merial in December 2010.

Interview Details – My interview process with Merial was tough, demanding, but fair. It consisted of a phone interview, and two in-person interviews with two hiring managers in each of the interviews. Many tough questions were asked, they really do try and make you crack, but when it is all said and done I was offered the position. My advice if you're applying for a job at Merial is to really do your research on the company and come ready to ask a lot of intelligent questions.

Interview Question – If your house was burning down and you could grab one non-living item from the inside, what would you grab?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate my starting salary higher (about 40k was offered plus bonuses to make an average of 55k), but I got shot down for that.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Interview

IT
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Merial in September 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by personal interview.

Interview Question – What is your expectation in terms of role?   View Answer

Technical Trainer and R and D Manager Interview

Technical Trainer and R and D Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Merial in March 2009.

Interview Details – This was a specific field, few were able to apply for it.

Interview Question – There were not any   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Merial in September 2011.

Interview Details – Initial application through their website then followed by interview after 3 weeks.
Be prepare as regular interview questions but be specific to yourself

Interview Questions

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Manufacturing Technician

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Merial in August 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online, phone interview with HR rep. 2nd interview with HR manager. Then interviewed with panel of manufacturing managers/supervisors. 2 weeks passed, then I was offered a position other than the one I applied for. Turned it down. Then I called back to see if any other positions were available, they offered me a technician job. People are very nice and helpful during process. Had to take physical, get immunization shots (this is only for certain jobs). Company tends to be departmentalized. If you ask a question about another dept, many times they can't answer it.

Interview Question – Basic questions. Both experience and behavioral based questions. How did you handle a situation or what are your thoughts on working with this type of person?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offered a big increase over the salary I had before, so I jumped on it.

Worked for Merial? Contribute to the Community!