Merial Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

3.3

Sales Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Merial (Duluth, GA).

Interview

Submitted my application online after meeting a representative at a university recruiting event, received and email to schedule a phone interview 3 weeks later. After doing the phone interview they sent me a link to a Caliper Online Assessment for personality screening. Then an in person meeting with two separate panels. Each panel interviewed me for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If money wasn't a limiting factor, what would you do the rest of your life?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Merial (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Was not very friendly over phone. Very to the point and recorded-like. Basic behavioral interview questions like "describe a time when..." It is really hard to get in contact with this job unless one of the recruiters contact you. So if you wanted to follow up on a submitted application online that you have not been contacted about, it would be hard to find contact information.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose this company over the companies you have applied to   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Merial (Duluth, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Completed phone interview and asked to come for an in person interview. It was really intense. Did 3 interviews with different people and then shadowed for an hour. Everyone was really nice, but I think they could tell I probably wouldn't like answering phones all day.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Weaknesses? What motivates you? Lots of situational questions   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merial.

Interview

First interview is over the phone. A Caliper Test determines your behaviors. Second interview takes a couple of hours and is done typically in 4 stages consisting of being interviewed by multiple people. Mine went like this: Started at 8am, first stage interviewed by 2 managers. Next stage interviewed by two more managers. 3rd stage interviewed by one person in upper management. Last interview was done by the head of the department. Offered the job the following day.

Interview Questions

• Lots and lots of situational questions. It's a mind game where they want to hear cookie-cutter answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Representative Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Interview

I submitted my application online, then a month or so later got an e-mail about a phone interview, then another month later I got a personality test, followed by invitation to visit the office in Duluth, GA, two weeks later. The interview took place in two different rooms with a panel of three women each. The first panel consisted of an extremely rude woman who didn't allow the other panelist to speak, and the second was more preferable with interviewers who listened to what you had to say and presented themselves with positive attitudes.

Interview Questions

• Your resume doesn't show that you have any had any sales jobs, but you say you want to be in sales, why is that?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Merial in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 people and was given a tour. I called every week after the interview, and it seems they never filled the position. Every time I called they said they were still considering applications for the position. Worst interview ever. The pros were state of the art laboratory and friendly work enviroment (from fellow scientists anyways, not management.)

SVT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Merial in August 2014.

Interview

At least 4 hours long and it was the same questions over and over again by different people. You will meet with several different department heads. Be prepared to sit and be grilled. You may also want to bring a water bottle because you may get tired of talking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate. The human resource person was firm on the offer. He made it seem like he would off the position to someone else and was offended when asked about negotiating the salary.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Merial (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Multiple panel interview process of 2-3 people. A presentation over products or the company. You also will be asked to do mock situations that they don't inform you of until you are there for the interview. My recommendation is to not bother interviewing with this company. The work environment is incredibly off and unorganized. They informed me I would be picked up by a driver at the airport but they failed to actually book the driver. I was stuck in Atlanta Airport for 2-3 hours. In addition they will provide you with an expense sheet. You might as well use it for toilet paper, they won't reimburse you for your expenses. Trust me there are better opportunities then this company. If you want to be unhappy for several years and have no self respect this is the company for you. If you want to know what your work area would look like... dark lighting, high cubicle walls

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Some of the hiring managers are extremely rude and contradicting. Its a negative situation in which you are interviewing and trying to make a good impression yet the hiring manager will attack you and try to put you down verbally.   Answer Question

Awful experience. Would not recommend this company to anyone. I read the reviews and thought I would make my own judgement. I ended up wasting 2 days of my life.

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merial in March 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position and received a request for an interview. The interview was conducted over the phone. The HR interviewer asked very detailed questions about my resume. I was offered a second, in person interview with management, but declined.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Merial.

Interview

Was contacted by HR for phone screen. Then had face to face the next week. Face to face interviews were 2 interviews with 2 people in each interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you say to a veterinarian that is upset about Frontline being sold at Wal-Mart?   Answer Question